Patouche Review

funredhead

We booked the Patouche 50' sailing catamaran for our day in Tortola. (2/17). We had an incredible day!

Before booking, I did a lot of research here and on trip advisor. I called Joe and he answered all of my questions and he was extremely quick to respond to emails as well.

We met his cab driver at the pier and proceeded to the marina. The transfer took about 15 minutes. It's a picturesque drive. When we arrived at the Marina, Joe was waiting and ready for us to board and start the day.

Joe is a great captain. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He's extremely knowledgeable about all of the islands. And, from beginning to end he does everything possible to make your day memorable.

We spent the first part of the morning snorkeling off Cooper Island. We saw turtles, barracuda, and many many gorgeous fish. The water was so clear even at a depth of almost 40 ft. Joe was so helpful getting everyone fitted with snorkel gear. He also provided waist floats which gave some of our nervous swimmers an extra measure of security.

After snorkeling, we headed to Cooper Island Beach Club. This place is truly paradise. We relaxed on the beach and took in the resort while we waited for lunch. Joe phoned our order in ahead of time. When lunch was ready, long tables were reserved in the outdoor dining room. The food was fantastic. And, the drinks were cold and perfectly created. Don't miss their painkiller. In my opinion, it's better than those at the soggy dollar.

After lunch we had about 20 minutes to stop at the gift boutique and take some pictures. Then we were on our way to the Baths. We've (my immediate family)visited before, but approaching by water is really a very different experience. We snorkeled to the beach. A few of our friends snorkeled around the rocks and caves. Most of our group, left our snorkel stuff on the beach and took the paths.

The Baths themselves are beautiful. Our group (everyone else was a first timer) was impressed and really enjoyed the hike. We had about an hour to do as we wished before we needed to swim back to the cat.

Unfortunately, our day was coming to an end. Joe got us settled back onboard and reminded everyone as he did throughout the day to reapply sunscreen. He put the sails up and we headed back to Tortola.

We arrived back at the marina, disembarked and returned by open air taxi to the ship.

Our day was nothing short of perfect. Thank you Joe! This was the highlight of our vacation. I highly highly recommend.