Nassau - Solo - ? Hotel Day Pass

Newbcruiser1

Hi all,

I have been to Nassau on land vacations (to Atlantis) but never on a cruise (somehow... 10 cruises and never stopped there!).

I'll be sailing solo on the Independence of the Seas TA cruise in May, and will be in Nassau on a weekday from 8-3:30. As I will have 9 full sea days to spend onboard, I would like to get off the ship and do something while in Nassau. Having said that though, I am a 30-ish female and as I will be sailing solo, am cognizant of my safety.

The ship's excursions are all extremely pricey and nothing really appeals to me. I thought about maybe getting a day pass to a resort? Can anyone tell me about their experiences doing that? Which resort did you use? Cost? Distance from pier? Taxi cost? Safety of the taxi and on the resort itself?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by Newbcruiser1

Hi all,

I have been to Nassau on land vacations (to Atlantis) but never on a cruise (somehow... 10 cruises and never stopped there!).

I'll be sailing solo on the Independence of the Seas TA cruise in May, and will be in Nassau on a weekday from 8-3:30. As I will have 9 full sea days to spend onboard, I would like to get off the ship and do something while in Nassau. Having said that though, I am a 30-ish female and as I will be sailing solo, am cognizant of my safety.

The ship's excursions are all extremely pricey and nothing really appeals to me. I thought about maybe getting a day pass to a resort? Can anyone tell me about their experiences doing that? Which resort did you use? Cost? Distance from pier? Taxi cost? Safety of the taxi and on the resort itself?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am in my 30s as well, I have gone to Nassau solo through a cruise for 5 -6 years in a row. I often walk to Astarda Zoo and Gardens or the Jankanoo Beach. I never done a resort pass but heard Hilton day pass is very popular, I think its 69 bucks and includes a voucher for food. And if you do Hilton you don't need a taxi at all, its very easy and safe to walk there.

I would also very highly suggest putting this post in "solo cruisers", they definitely will be able to help you out with info as well.

Edited by cruiseelady