Help with hours for breakfast on Oasis of the Seas for all possible restaurants

tusconcam

Hi there. My girlfriend and i are booked on the Oasis of the Seas for the end of April on a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise.

I'm looking for some help. Can someone chime in with the operating hours of the Breakfast venues aboard the Oasis for both Cruising and At Port Days?

We would like to know how early breakfast is available at ALL possible locations (free spots) as we are early risers and want to be sure we can get a meal in before our Port excursions.

If you could pass on some recommendations for Breakfast and Lunch too that are free and some suggested times to go in order to minimize waiting time that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

Cameron

Here are Compasses from the Western itinerary. You should be able to get an idea of opening hours by examining port days vs sea days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49084102&posted=1#post49084102

Just scroll back a bit to find the first post with the attachments.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it was for the Eastern Caribbean cruise, so the itineraries of course are different. I will try to piece together what is open when.

Still would like some personal feedback/answers if possible for Western Caribbean Oasis of the Seas breakfast venue times and suggestions/experiences.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it was for the Eastern Caribbean cruise, so the itineraries of course are different. I will try to piece together what is open when.

Still would like some personal feedback/answers if possible for Western Caribbean Oasis of the Seas breakfast venue times and suggestions/experiences.

Thanks again.

Even if you find a Cruise Compass for the Eastern itinerary, by the time you take your cruise, they could have changed things. A different Food & Beverage manager might want different times. You might have to wait until you get onboard.

Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure you being on the western itinerary makes no difference. The key is port days vs cruising days, it doesn't matter which port. I'm confident you'll find times are the same for each venue. Nice to see the Wipeout Cafe open earlier on port days. That was my favorite venue but when we were on Oasis in 2014, it never opened earlier than 8:30am.

Thanks again.

For a couple examples, last week it was :

- WindJammer 7:00-11:00 Day5, 6:30-11:00 Day6

- Solarium 7:30-10:30 Day5 & Day6

- ParkCafe 7:30-11:00 Day5 & Day6

- AmericanIcon 8:00-10:00 Day5, 7:30-9:30 Day6

- JohnnyRockets 8:30-10:15 Day5, 7:30-9:30 Day6

- WipeoutCafe 8:30-11:00 Day5, 7:30-9:30 Day6

(Day5=AtSea, Day6=Cozumel)

If you are early risers you won't have a problem anywhere you go. Due to our location on the ship & other factors we didn't try all the venues.

We liked the Solarium because it's so light and airy plus we never found it crowded and it had a decent selection (but not much variation from day to day). It's buffet style. I think we ended up eating three mornings there.

We tried Johnny Rockets once which has table service with the usual/typical selections you'd expect. It could be very nice but it wasn't ideal for us because we were heading west and the morning sun was somewhat warm and uncomfortable on the boardwalk seating. So if I had to do it all over, I'd have gone there when heading east.

And we ate in the AmericanIcon (main dining room) three times. Once for Character Breakfast, once with our travel-mates and once on disembarkation day. I guess if I'd have known I'd be eating there on disembarkation day I may have wanted to try somewhere else like the Windjammer or ParkCafe. But still it's the "fancy" table service option and was good. I'm sure WindJammer would give you the most options but we didn't make it there for breakfast.

We didn't try Park Cafe for breakfast mainly because we ran out of time. Also it seemed to have less selection & seating. I don't think Wipeout Cafe makes much sense for breakfast unless you're making a straight beeline for the pool or something. Of course room service is another option if for some reason you want to eat even earlier or just relax on your balcony.

One tip given to me by our waiter: if you like made-to-order omelettes or scrambled eggs, ask for "real eggs." If not they will use the pre-mixed powdered stuff. I'm not sure if that applies everywhere or just the main dining rooms.

For a couple examples, last week it was :

- WindJammer 7:00-11:00 Day5, 6:30-11:00 Day6

- Solarium 7:30-10:30 Day5 & Day6

- ParkCafe 7:30-11:00 Day5 & Day6

- AmericanIcon 8:00-10:00 Day5, 7:30-9:30 Day6

- JohnnyRockets 8:30-10:15 Day5, 7:30-9:30 Day6

- WipeoutCafe 8:30-11:00 Day5, 7:30-9:30 Day6

(Day5=AtSea, Day6=Cozumel)

If you are early risers you won't have a problem anywhere you go. Due to our location on the ship & other factors we didn't try all the venues.

We liked the Solarium because it's so light and airy plus we never found it crowded and it had a decent selection (but not much variation from day to day). It's buffet style. I think we ended up eating three mornings there.

We tried Johnny Rockets once which has table service with the usual/typical selections you'd expect. It could be very nice but it wasn't ideal for us because we were heading west and the morning sun was somewhat warm and uncomfortable on the boardwalk seating. So if I had to do it all over, I'd have gone there when heading east.

And we ate in the AmericanIcon (main dining room) three times. Once for Character Breakfast, once with our travel-mates and once on disembarkation day. I guess if I'd have known I'd be eating there on disembarkation day I may have wanted to try somewhere else like the Windjammer or ParkCafe. But still it's the "fancy" table service option and was good. I'm sure WindJammer would give you the most options but we didn't make it there for breakfast.

We didn't try Park Cafe for breakfast mainly because we ran out of time. Also it seemed to have less selection & seating. I don't think Wipeout Cafe makes much sense for breakfast unless you're making a straight beeline for the pool or something. Of course room service is another option if for some reason you want to eat even earlier or just relax on your balcony.

One tip given to me by our waiter: if you like made-to-order omelettes or scrambled eggs, ask for "real eggs." If not they will use the pre-mixed powdered stuff. I'm not sure if that applies everywhere or just the main dining rooms.

It's everywhere, as I found out when I ordered scrambled eggs at Johnny Rockets and got a little ball of powdered egg that I wanted no part of.

Park Café was our favorite for a quick breakfast and it was open every day at 7. There was made to order toasted bagels, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt parfaits (ready made) and fruit cups (ready made). I believe room service started at 6:30 so that would be an option also.

Thanks to all who have replied. it seems like on a busy excursion day where I have to wake early to disembark promptly and head off on my excursion, the options for breakfast are more limited (unfortunate).

I like hearing cruisers' experiences/advice and experiences. Keep them coming.

Again much thanks.

I'm pretty sure you being on the western itinerary makes no difference. The key is port days vs cruising days, it doesn't matter which port. I'm confident you'll find times are the same for each venue. Nice to see the Wipeout Cafe open earlier on port days. That was my favorite venue but when we were on Oasis in 2014, it never opened earlier than 8:30am.

:D The Wipe Out Cafe ended up being our favorite place for breakfast and that's the only opening time that I can remember.. it opened at 8:30! .. And this was just a few weeks ago. ;)