5 day carribbean cruises

georgia1980

Living in Georgia, would like to port out of New Orleans and go to carribbean. All I can find are 7 day cruises; I would like a 5 day one on Dream. Or even on Magic, out of Port Canaveral, but not 7 days. Would like a Monday- Friday. This is for summer of 2017. Any ideas?

No, going to Bahamas this year, on Elation- first ever cruise. I was looking for a larger ship to Caribbean, for 5 days, without driving 12 hours to port.

I believe there is 1 five night cruise on Dream in January. Triumph is larger than Elation with several added features, it will do 4-5 night cruises.

Most of the larger ships don't do the shorter 5 day runs. You might get an occasional one here or there, but they are not the norm. You do have the Liberty (or is it Freedom?) out of Galveston that will be doing the shorter cruises.

Edited by vwrestler171

Newer, larger ships are usually reserved for the 7+ day cruises.

I believe that there are 4-5 day cruises out of Tampa to the Western Caribbean (don't know off the top of my head which ship).

Paradise sails from Tampa.

Edited by vwrestler171

i like Elation.

In fact I have spent 30 nights on Elation.

I really like the dining area outside behind the buffet area and the Serenity area is really good.

Elation is a very pretty ship.

That said, Triumph is an upgrade.

And so far my favorite ship.

Not too big and not too small.

Plus it has had a lot of upgrades.

A Monday thru Friday cruise may be hard to find.

Living in Georgia, would like to port out of New Orleans and go to carribbean. All I can find are 7 day cruises; I would like a 5 day one on Dream. Or even on Magic, out of Port Canaveral, but not 7 days. Would like a Monday- Friday. This is for summer of 2017. Any ideas?

You can probably get a 5 day cruise on the Triumph out of NOLA. Also, if you really want a bigger ship - they often have 5 day cruises on the Liberty and Freedom out of Galveston.

Unfortunately you aren't going to have a lot of luck with that during the summer. The biggest ships you will get are Conquest Class. The newest one out of all of them will be the Liberty out of Galveston, which goes to Progresso and Cozumel. Some of those will be Monday through Saturday. The other option you have is the Conquest out of Ft. Lauderdale going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman.

If you were willing to go 6 days, then the brand new Vista will be doing 6 day cruises to Cozumel, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman out of Miami.

As others have said The only 5 day cruises you are going to get out of New Orleans during the summer of 2017 is the Triumph.