Enhanced Cheers! program...

blondestickchick

Do people end up "sharing" or trying to share this package, is that why they make it where both adults in the cabin have to purchase it?

I guess it would be hard to track someone "sharing" it, so to try to cut down on that they make all adults in same cabin purchase the package.

Yes

For us, there is no way that my husband and I would drink that much to justify the price. Especially for 2.5 days we are off doing excursions.

We love our coffee and even if we did it for some alcoholic beverages and speciality coffees, is too much for two of us. We are talking $800.00 and that is not including gratuity.

I posted this on another thread and never got an answer....

I am wondering if I can purchase Cheers! as well as a wine package without difficulty! I could never drink 15 drinks but I would/could drink 5-6 at times and the coffee etc. to get over the wine and 5-6!!!! Just wondering! Would be more cost effective probably to just do Cheers! with the better wines but looking from all angles!

Edited by dawnjam1

I have been cruising a long time and have worked on ships as well. I have also been on CC a LOT longer than my profile states. Your answer did not nicely answer my question. Nor do I think that it is accurate or a well thought out BLARING reply as that has been drilled and a part of the CHEERS! program since inception.

The question was would I be ALLOWED to purchase a wine package and Cheers! as well. I could get that bottle of wine at any point in the day before I hit 15 and I am never planning to hit 15. My question was simply can we purchase both? There are a lot more items in the Cheers! program that make financial sense than just ALCOHOLIC drinks and how many one can and can not put away in a 24 hour period.

I know I can always rely on CC for sweet kind answers at least!

Actually, I took the time out to call CCL myself to answer this question.

First, I want to preface this with the fact that not only is the 15 drink limit for the safety of the pax, it is also for the safety of Carnival and probably in the fine print of some legal docs that the attorney drew up when offering an open liquor program. Made sense to draw a line if you choose to purchase at a discounted rate. Gives them a little more control or you pay the higher drink price. Either way there could be a hindrance to drinking as much. Limits vs. HUGE bill!

The answer from Carnival is that yes. You MAY purchase both. As one has nothing to do with the other. You are paying for both. $50-$60 is certainly a break if you drink a lot of coffee, a few drinks in the evening (long after a bottle of wine is shared and gone), and maybe even a few refreshing frozen non alcoholic drinks by the pool.

I have been cruising a long time and have worked on ships as well. I have also been on CC a LOT longer than my profile states. Your answer did not nicely answer my question. Nor do I think that it is accurate or a well thought out BLARING reply as that has been drilled and a part of the CHEERS! program since inception.

The question was would I be ALLOWED to purchase a wine package and Cheers! as well. I could get that bottle of wine at any point in the day before I hit 15 and I am never planning to hit 15. My question was simply can we purchase both? There are a lot more items in the Cheers! program that make financial sense than just ALCOHOLIC drinks and how many one can and can not put away in a 24 hour period.

I know I can always rely on CC for sweet kind answers at least!

Pretty sure they were addressing my question on the previous page. Which, in fact, it answered. Relax.

Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

Thank you! I guess I missed that key word "alcoholic" when I read thru Carnival's page. That's awesome then. I got a Red Bull & Vodka (monster or whatever they use) last cruise and it cost me an additional $10!! I was shocked.

I apologize. There have been SEVERAL replies to these threads lately that have been over the top rude and I was thinking I again was getting one of those! It seems to get worse and worse all the time. I joke that we are all getting older and grumpier! LOL!

I apologize. There have been SEVERAL replies to these threads lately that have been over the top rude and I was thinking I again was getting one of those! It seems to get worse and worse all the time. I joke that we are all getting older and grumpier! LOL!

haha sounds like you need that bottle of wine NOW! :D

I am curious though as to why you would want to buy a wine package AND cheers. Wont this new cheers program cover the glasses of wine that you want? You can bring bottles of your own on board still.

can she get me a drink and bring it to me? How do they keep track of who is actually drinking the drinks?

They can't enforce who drinks the drink. They do have a time restriction: You have to wait 5 minutes between purchasing drinks.

Edited by richmke

Question in general - If for the sake of example, I had my 15 drinks in a day (I wont, couldnt), can I then use my wifes pass to have more? Or can she get me a drink and bring it to me? How do they keep track of who is actually drinking the drinks?

can I then use my wifes pass to have more? No - its against the rules

Or can she get me a drink and bring it to me? - No its against the rules

How do they keep track of who is actually drinking the drinks? - they dont but if caught , they can suspend your cheers program and charge you for each drink you drank. doing this would be considered sharing and that is against the rules.

haha sounds like you need that bottle of wine NOW! :D

I am curious though as to why you would want to buy a wine package AND cheers. Wont this new cheers program cover the glasses of wine that you want? You can bring bottles of your own on board still.

There are many wines that are not available by the glass, only the bottle, so that may be one reason. Also, when you buy a wine package, you can share the bottles with your companions, unlike Cheers. Just my guess...

Does anyone know if I order a double, does that count as 1 drink or 2?

I think it depends on the bartender but typically it is not allowed. a double is considered 2 drinks and you have to wait 5 minutes between drinks so you would have to get a single, wait 5 minutes, get another single and put them together.

Tho a couple friends of mine did figure they only wanted to buy one cheers program so they split the 2 kids up. Mom and kid in 1 room. Dad and kid in the other. So only had to buy 1 cheers. Then shared.

How does this sharing thing work. Do they openly discourage this or is it easy to get around?

I wish they offered a lower priced option with a lower limit.

How does this sharing thing work. Do they openly discourage this or is it easy to get around?

I wish they offered a lower priced option with a lower limit.

are you really willing to risk having to pay for all the drinks you had individually and having the cheers revoked?

the more people do this, the higher the price will go.