Enhanced Cheers! program...

blondestickchick

So- with the "5 minute rule" if I want a frozen cocktail with a spiced rum floater added, I have to order the cocktail, stand there with said cocktail for five minutes and then order the floater? That just seems silly considering that is a pretty common combination.

I heard that most people get denied when they try. some get a nice bartender and let it happen but for the most part... it is what it is

I heard that most people get denied when they try. some get a nice bartender and let it happen but for the most part... it is what it is

That is exactly what happens, and why we had given up on Cheers. I have decided though that with the coffee drinks, waters and such that it's probably worth the hassle for us given that we'd buy Bon Voyage alcohol at a ridiculous mark-up anyway.

What I wonder is if you can "lock in" at the current $49.95 price if you pre-pay. They say numerous times in the list of restrictions that the price at the time of boarding will be in effect regardless of the advertised price. They don't ever say whether that only applies to those who buy on board. We don't sail until September, but it may be worth it to "lock in" after we see how the program is working.

are you really willing to risk having to pay for all the drinks you had individually and having the cheers revoked?

the more people do this, the higher the price will go.

Appreciate your input.

I was looking for an answer to my question, however.

How does this sharing thing work. Do they openly discourage this or is it easy to get around?

I wish they offered a lower priced option with a lower limit.

Their requirement that all adults sharing a cabin purchase the package makes it seem pretty obvious that they are discouraging sharing. I've seen several threads where people have figured out work-arounds when cruising in larger groups.

Seems like the more people that figure out how to get around the rules the sooner the price is going to go up for everyone then we'll all be wishing for the days when it was only $50 a day. Wasn't that long ago they let us carry water on........

Appreciate your input.

would it discourage you enough if I told you they actively monitor this and catch ever single person that tries it?

what???? I can try, cant I???? :cool:

Appreciate your input.

one aspect of sharing I can tell you that you cant get around is that everyone in the cabin HAS to buy cheers if one person buys it (of legal age). There is no going around that unless you have multiple cabins and rearrange your party.

So- with the "5 minute rule" if I want a frozen cocktail with a spiced rum floater added, I have to order the cocktail, stand there with said cocktail for five minutes and then order the floater? That just seems silly considering that is a pretty common combination.

We chatted with a couple on a past cruise doing just that, and were just as befuddled....obviously pretty silly they can't just toss the floater in/on the drink.

Does Carnival not off a rum drink, like a rum runner, and include a floater?