Movies under the stars

traceytd

Unless things have changed or things are different on cruises out of the US, MSC do not show movies on the poolside screen, the screen mainly shows adverts/ excursion videos, occasionally used for major sporting events but not used for movies at all. Certainly not used like the screens that Princess have on their ships

We were on the splendida in the med and they showed a movie 1 night.

Unless things have changed or things are different on cruises out of the US, MSC do not show movies on the poolside screen, the screen mainly shows adverts/ excursion videos, occasionally used for major sporting events but not used for movies at all. Certainly not used like the screens that Princess have on their ships

Thanks for the info. We will miss the nightly movies. [emoji20][emoji20] but we are anxious to try MSC...

It most definitely will not be night,y - even on US sailings where a lot of passengers speak English as a first language, there will still be a significant number who won't.

Most MSC entertainment is the type that works in a multi lingual situation, so musical, visual but not relying on the spoken word. Bingo in 5 or 6 languages can be amusing!

Hi travel57- I'm wondering how recently you've sailed divina? Reports from the 2014 cruise season indicate some movies at night but recent reviews said not this season. According to the December dailies they showed music video concert on embarkation night and an opera on another night.

It also looks like they set up the outdoor theater at night like NCL with straight back chairs and not like a princess with the lounge chairs and blankets. I'd be thrilled to learn they added more movies back in. Not sure why all the lines don't do it like MUTS as that is so popular.

Of course the language of the movie could be challenging for MSC but more concerts and videos should be universal and it's pretty much cost free entertainment.

I was on Divina last week and they showed the following movies under the stars: Hercules, Jurassic World, Minions, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.

They were all shown at 10:30 except for Minions which was at 10:00 (and there was a full house of kids, despite the hour!). Other evenings they had karaoke or parties on deck.

Earlier in the evening they would show concerts: Bon Jovi, Beyoncé, Tom Jones, Abba.

Correct, they don't have the long lounge chairs out, and due to the layout of the deck and pool/Jacuzzis, you are sort of limited to sitting directly in front of the screen. There was popcorn!

I hope that helps. Have fun!

I was on Divina last week and they showed the following movies under the stars: Hercules, Jurassic World, Minions, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.

They were all shown at 10:30 except for Minions which was at 10:00 (and there was a full house of kids, despite the hour!). Other evenings they had karaoke or parties on deck.

Earlier in the evening they would show concerts: Bon Jovi, Beyoncé, Tom Jones, Abba.

Correct, they don't have the long lounge chairs out, and due to the layout of the deck and pool/Jacuzzis, you are sort of limited to sitting directly in front of the screen. There was popcorn!

That's great... We love watching movies outside. I hope it's like that in November....

Awesome info!! Thank you for sharing