Sail away party...changes??

MaiTaiMary

They sure could use it...of course after sailing with Disney, you get spoiled!

Carnival has always been a little anticlimactic to me. It more appears to be "Oh by the way, we are leaving now" and that kind of is the feel. For the "Fun Ships" to neglect sailaway as an opportunity to kick things off in a grand way...it seems a little out of character. I am interested to see if the changes make it feel a little more celebratory.

Totally Agree. I truly hope that a the sail away is improve for my My 29 sailing. LOVE the sail away of RCCL. It just sets the mood for the cruise. Believe me it is nothing fancy. But the band is playing, ship dancers out and about cruise director making his self known and they throw crazy stuff out to the crowd.

Maybe, the change will be that Sail Away doesn't start until AFTER the Muster Drill is completed. I've read a number of complaints that the Sail Away is happening at the same time as the Muster Drill on some ships.

I believe that it is illegal to leave port before muster drill is finished. Just like a plane cannot take off til safety briefing.

I believe that it is illegal to leave port before muster drill is finished. Just like a plane cannot take off til safety briefing.

Nope, leaving port before (or during) sail away isn't illegal. They have to have it within 24 hours of sailing. At least, that's how it used to be. Not sure if that law was changed after what happened to the Concordia.

I've read that some of the ships are getting the steel drums and calypso music back for sailaway. Some people Love it and some don't

Just got off the conquest and they had a duo who had recorded music such as bob marley etc...and they played guitar, steel drums and sang along with the music. was okay, better then a DJ, but not as good as a complete band without the recorded tracks