po brittania

hollyjess

I stayed in cabin C440 on Britannia, I've also stayed in an inside adapted cabin on Oceana . I use a mobility scooter, and use to park it at the end of the wardrobe and door. I always went down in one set of lifts, but get lost and come back in a different direction . There is plenty of room. When you open the balcony door, the floor falls into place to give a direct route out to the balcony. I went to the Fjords last June . I didn't get off in Stavanger, as the streets were cobbled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anybody stayed in disabled cabin, if so any views and tips please.

Britania Deck B Cabin B427 Superior De Luxe. Is absolutely Hugh lovely very big cabin. Our friends were allocated this on a guaranteed basis .Very lucky indeed . We were in a suite and you could fit our suite twice into this cabin Definitely no problem getting a wheelchair or scooter into it with plenty of room to manoeuvre about.

Has anybody stayed in disabled cabin, if so any views and tips please.

My children were allocated C514 (deck 12), an inside cabin, on Britannia at Christmas. Assume this was because it was not required for a disabled passenger and was near to us.

The room was massive. The beds were set up as twins and there was plenty of room between them for a wheelchair and manoeuvring, but had it been set up as a double there would still have been plenty of room around the bed. Feet of space between the (wider) door and bed and dressing table. There appeared to be no different in the height of the dressing table/ wardrobe etc. though.

The bathroom was very large too, but very short on storage - no shelf or similar for toiletries when in the shower.

Brilliant. We had cabin was F729 I think ... It was definitely a729 anyway. Large balcony and we loved it. Can be overseen from above if that bothers you ... didn't bother us at all. Could get vibrations from lounge 2 or 3 decks below at times so we may think of one of the bigger balconies above next time. Saw a disabled cabin towards the back and the couple coming out of it with a wheelchair loved it.

Have had aft cabins on C and E decks. The soot was problematic especially on C deck. Experienced a lot of rolling movements as opposed to porpoising if that's the correct terminology? Its nice and quiet as far as not too many doors slamming etc... bit of noise late at night. Overlooked from the decks above but most people don't hang over the balcony staring down. Mostly we loved sitting on the balcony sailing away from the ports especially if you go to somewhere spectacular like Lisbon.

Does anyone have any comments about aft disabled cabins with regards to getting around the ship

Probably the best location for a disabled passenger. Close to the aft lifts rather than the midship ones (which are extremely busy). Easy access to the buffet and deck using those lifts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk