Alaska Booking ?

shorti503

The email I received today states that booking is open for crown and anchor members. It says you get 30% off the 2017 cruises and free upgrades. I booked late last night and the lady never said anything about any free upgrades. What does this mean and what do I need to look for to make sure I received it. Thank you?

TERMS & CONDITIONS

* Visit royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Cruise must be booked 2/16/16-4/3/16. Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 3/16/16. Guests receive 30% off standard cruise fare. In addition, new sailings deployed during the Offer Period that depart on or after May 1, 2017, qualify for a Free Upgrade within the stateroom meta-category (for example from a D8 to a D1, interior to interior, or ocean view to ocean view). Free Upgrade refers to booking a stateroom for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrade is subject to stateroom availability at time of booking. Upgrade offer excludes Panoramic, Family and Suite staterooms. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Offer excludes China departures. Offer is combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts, NextCruise offers, and Shareholders benefits. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion. Offer open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Prices and Offer apply to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates; are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

* Visit royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Cruise must be booked 2/16/16-4/3/16. Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 3/16/16. Guests receive 30% off standard cruise fare. In addition, new sailings deployed during the Offer Period that depart on or after May 1, 2017, qualify for a Free Upgrade within the stateroom meta-category (for example from a D8 to a D1, interior to interior, or ocean view to ocean view). Free Upgrade refers to booking a stateroom for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrade is subject to stateroom availability at time of booking. Upgrade offer excludes Panoramic, Family and Suite staterooms. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Offer excludes China departures. Offer is combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts, NextCruise offers, and Shareholders benefits. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion. Offer open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Prices and Offer apply to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates; are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time.

OK, this reminds me of something they had years ago.

Basically, if you book a D1, you should be charged the D8 price. It's not an upgrade from a D to a JS.

OP, check the price you got, and compare to the website price. If you don't think you got the less expensive price for your category, call Crown & Anchor.

It looks like I have an E1 category. It is balcony room 8586. What category should I have been charged for?

Did you book 2 people?

When I put in 2 people E2 E3 D1 D2 come out the same. If I put in 3 people, E1 D1 come out the same.

Edited by marci22

Booked 4 people

If you booked 4 it's the same price for E1 or D1 so I would get the D1 as it's larger.

Best to call and check.

ps decide if you want 2 pullmans or pullman & sofabed or just sofabed. Your room currently has pullman and sofabed.

Look at the icons on the deck plans to see room arrangements. They may not specify sleeping arrangements (to you on the phone) as long as the room sleeps 4 so make sure you know what you're getting.

Edited by marci22

It looks like they are making all the sub-categories the same exact price, so there's nothing to do with regard to price.

But I'd try to move up to a D1 as Marci suggests.

Edited by clarea