Another Food Question

lgt

This will be our 1st Princess cruise and would like to know from all you experienced Princess cruisers which is your least favorite menu.

Everyone on this board has been very helpful and full of info. I really appreciate all your comments and hope we can sail together sometime in the future.

My least fave was French night..I'm not big on heavy tasting food (don't even get me started on frog legs LOL yes, I know they're considered a delicacy...just not in my world!) and I've previously stated my hatred for the pork served on French night ....blech

Welcome to Princess. I think that french nite is the one most cruisers bail out on. But imho, I like all the nites on Princess. They have wonderful choices. Always found something great!! icon_smile.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

We are on the Golden 8/1. Anybody know which night is French night.? Just can't see my DH & 16 yr.old & frog legs. No way, nu-uh. Will try to make reservations somewhere else that night.

There are other dishes besides frog legs available on French night. There are always 5 entree choices, and a number of "always available" entrees. You'll probably be able to find something you like each night. Maybe someone can post a link to the menus, I've lost mine. That might help you decide in advance so that, if you can't find something one of the nights, you can make your reservations when you board.

"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise."

-- Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'

True, but when you don't eat veal or seafood/fish, and you find the pork revolting, frog legs is pretty much it LOL

Seriously tho, even tho I may not care for the entrees on French night, the other parts of the meal were great! I have no issue with French night, per se, it's just my least favorite

French but we also found the landfall menu a bit short, being the last of the week didn't help much either. With the four pc venues on Diamond we just went to Sterling for another barge of prime rib, that soothed the pain of departure.

One open Princess booking

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 11/04

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Star Princess 12/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Most people seem pretty lukewarm over French night. WHy it is called French night I dont know. It doesnt remind me of the food I have had in France,,,

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

What's not to like about French night. The escargots are delicious and the French onion soup is out of sight (demi-glace is part of the recipe, that's why it's so tasty). French cooking might not be everyone's favorite, but Princess does a very good job with that menu.

The disappointing menu in my opinion is the Italian night. They do such a good job on Italian dishes at lunch that it's disappointing to see such lackluster selections on the Italian menu. The Brasato is good, but other than that it's a humdrum collection of dishes.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

I like frog legs, myself. And they really DO taste like chicken. I'm looking forward to them (Coral Princess 2/16/05).

2 X RCI

5 x HAL

2 x Carnival

2 x Celebrity (way back when it was Chandris)

1 so long ago I don't even remember who!

Spongerob..if you need a supporter in the improved Italian night fight, let me know. That's right up there with French night. It has the potential to be so much more.

Druke LOL

I think that's one of the neat thing about cruising....at dinners who can have stuff you'd either never make at home or try something you've never had to see if you like it icon_smile.gif

Salty Dawg, I loved your cartoon about frogs. I love frog legs but I haven't had them for many years. So if they have them on French night I may just try them. I don't like escargot. I have tried them remind me of rubberbands cooked in garlic butter.

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Archived