Alcohol purchase on B2B

FLAMOM24

Does anyone know if you purchase alcohol from the ship store or while in a port on the first leg of a B2B, do they wait until the end of both cruises to give it to you or would you get it back at the end of the first leg of the cruise?

TIA!

Great Q, one for which I would love an answer!

Well, 120 views and no responses :( A friend is sailing on her today and I asked her if she would see if she can find out while onboard. Hoping someone chimes in or she can get an answer. I'll let you know if I hear anything :)

Well, 120 views and no responses :( A friend is sailing on her today and I asked her if she would see if she can find out while onboard. Hoping someone chimes in or she can get an answer. I'll let you know if I hear anything :)

Hope you get an answer. Our first MSC cruise is coming up but not a B2B.

Other cruise lines are very careful about holding any first leg alcohol until after the 2nd leg is finished. I would be surprised if it's different on MSC.

Charlie

Hope you get an answer. Our first MSC cruise is coming up but not a B2B.

Other cruise lines are very careful about holding any first leg alcohol until after the 2nd leg is finished. I would be surprised if it's different on MSC.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie. I'm pretty sure they have a "standard" in place but hoping maybe their standard is a little more lax than other cruise lines :p. I've been on MSC several times but never a B2B. I hope you have a great time on your cruise. Try the pizza...it's FABULOUS!

We've done this several times on NCL, and yes, you get your purchase at the completion of cruise 1. Same with port purchases. In fact, most recently DH made his purchase the night before cruise 1 ended and was allowed simply to take it away. However, on other occasions he had to get up early on debark day to collect it. YMMV with MSC, but I'd be surprised.

We've done this several times on NCL, and yes, you get your purchase at the completion of cruise 1. Same with port purchases. In fact, most recently DH made his purchase the night before cruise 1 ended and was allowed simply to take it away. However, on other occasions he had to get up early on debark day to collect it. YMMV with MSC, but I'd be surprised.

I hadn't thought of that (purchasing on the last night). If memory serves, MSC does have pickup on the last night. Thanks! :)

A friend just got back from the Davina and asked while she was on board. The person in the liquor shop said you DO get your purchases back at the end of the first cruise. Hoping that's true but it wouldn't be the first time stories varied from one employee to the next. ;) If nothing else, we'll have our stash from the first sailing in the YC. :p

Edited by FLAMOM24

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you purchase alcohol from the ship store or while in a port on the first leg of a B2B, do they wait until the end of both cruises to give it to you or would you get it back at the end of the first leg of the cruise?

TIA!

Store does not know u r b2b...we always had ours delivered last night on first leg......

• 10 months later...

I'm another who got their bottles, purchased in port and "looked after" until the end of the cruise, returned to me at the end of the first cruise.

In my case I asked them to keep them until the end of the second cruise as they were gifts for family members. I couldn't purchase the same drink, Caribbean Rhum, on the second leg for my family as it was a trans-Atlantic crossing.

So if you really want you can purchase alcohol ashore, or on board, during the first leg and have it to drink on the second leg of B2B cruises.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We did a B2B in late Aug and our port purchased beverages were given to us on the last night of the first cruise. To our surprise we purchased 3 bottles of Cognac in St Maarteen on the 2nd cruise and they let us walk on with them and take them to our room. Couldn't believe it so we celebrated by drinking most of a bottle and giving what was left in the bottle away. First time I wasn't stopped bringing licquor on a ship.