For All You Summer Cruisers!!

Matollycruiser

Hey Everyone!

Just booked a cruise for the end of July! Woohoo! However, I put on about 20 pounds in 2 years. My cruise last summer had half of the current weight gain, so now I am definitely on my way to lose before I cruise. There is NO WAY I'm not going to be confident, happy, and healthy this time around!

Who is with me?! We have 4-5 months until July!

I know I need some encouragement and accountability, so this is for all of my fellow summer cruisers!

What are your goals? How is everyone doing with their goals?

I am starting today with a goal of losing 25-30 pounds by the end of July!

Let's do this!!!!

Hey Everyone!

Just booked a cruise for the end of July! Woohoo! However, I put on about 20 pounds in 2 years. My cruise last summer had half of the current weight gain, so now I am definitely on my way to lose before I cruise. There is NO WAY I'm not going to be confident, happy, and healthy this time around!

I know I need some encouragement and accountability, so this is for all of my fellow summer cruisers!

Let's do this!!!!

You can do it! I've lost 12 pounds since Feb. 9 and I have 20-30 to go. I've found that the key thing is to find the right eating plan that meets your needs. Nutrisystem works for me because it focuses on portion control, which is my biggest problem.

My cruise is also in July. I am hoping to lose @ 5 lbs. I know its not much but I have been working hard and losing since last September. I started at 170 and am now at 142. I've been working out at least 5 times a week and eating clean. I am also doing Jamie Easons live fit trainer and liking it although I dont follow her diet plan.

Hey Everyone!

Let's do this!!!!

I'm booked for the Allure on 7/24 and I have to lose at least 50lbs by then. I'm going to start on Monday the 21 Day Fix. Have you guys heard about it? I will also be cycling. I'm hoping to be able to go 3 times a week. We'll see how that goes.

I'm leaving at the end of June, and when I started my diet (WW) on 2/15 I had 25 to lose. I am thrilled to be down over 6 lbs already! I don't necessarily expect to be at goal by the time I cruise; no end date in mind. I just hope that I don't undo all the weight loss on the week-long cruise!:D

Anyway, good luck to all of us; keep eating healthy and moderately!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm leaving at the end of June, and when I started my diet (WW) on 2/15 I had 25 to lose. I am thrilled to be down over 6 lbs already! I don't necessarily expect to be at goal by the time I cruise; no end date in mind. I just hope that I don't undo all the weight loss on the week-long cruise!:D

Anyway, good luck to all of us; keep eating healthy and moderately!

I'm also on WW. We cruise June 20th. I'm down 82 pounds hope to get 7 more off. I had shoulder surgery on December 7th, so I have only been able to do cardio for my legs. Just started Zumba and a little water aerobics. It's hard being home all day because of my injury. I hurt myself on the job.

My cruise is 98 days away and with Easter over with I am ready to lose 20lbs before June 25. I am trying Fitness Pal for counting calories and keeping up with exercise. Also love my Garmin for keeping track of steps.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great thread!

I'm working hard exercising and eating clean to try to get back to my normal size. Had hip surgery last September and gained 40 pounds due to inability to move and care for myself. Finally back on my feet exercising regularly and eating clean on my own.

My cruise is 60 days away and I want to feel good and be healthy for it and not held back by my still recovering hip. We can do it!!!!

What a great thread!

I'm working hard exercising and eating clean to try to get back to my normal size. Had hip surgery last September and gained 40 pounds due to inability to move and care for myself. Finally back on my feet exercising regularly and eating clean on my own.

My cruise is 60 days away and I want to feel good and be healthy for it and not held back by my still recovering hip. We can do it!!!!

I've had some health issues, too, that have kept me from exercising. Trying to lose the weight with diet and a little exercise.

I've had some health issues, too, that have kept me from exercising. Trying to lose the weight with diet and a little exercise.

I'm in the same situation. I was losing weight nicely until I developed lower back problems, most likely a herniated disc (which I've had before) and my weight loss has been slowed. My cruise leaves in 2 weeks and I'm going to take my cane and a supply of painkillers.

I hear you CruisermanVA and GMRPHRN.

It's a vicious cycle, our bodies hurt because of the weight and then it's harder to exercise and eat right. But I'm taking it slow and trying to be patient. Recovering from hip surgery is a marathon, not a sprint. But feeling a little better each day and focusing on that prize... Blue water in every direction!!! :)

I'm in the same situation. I was losing weight nicely until I developed lower back problems, most likely a herniated disc (which I've had before) and my weight loss has been slowed. My cruise leaves in 2 weeks and I'm going to take my cane and a supply of painkillers.

This is where I am also, bulging disc, and severe sciatic leg pain and nothing seems to make it better. My cruise is 69 days away. I am hoping I can take a course of oral steroids before the cruise to make it easier. Right now, I can't walk far or stand for long periods. I would like to know how you did on the ship when you get back.

I've been on slimming world since January 4th, lost twenty pounds so far. Had a slow three/four weeks so hoping for a big lose tomorrow. I have another thirty poounds to get to goal. We go on our first cruise in August so hope to be nearer by goal by then.

Ideally I'd like to lose 38lbs before we sail in October. I count calories using myfitnesspal. I have Chronic Lyme Disease so exercise is difficult. I weigh myself every Saturday morning.

Edited by firstmate63

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone and Good Luck to us all in this step in the right direction to better health! Firstmate63, we are also cruising in October and is also our primary vacation this year. I have Hypothroidism so I struggle just losing a few pounds, so rather than concentrating so much of number of pounds lost between now and October, I really want to focus on making healthier choices about food and increasing exercise! We have very port-intensive itineraries, so I need to get in better shape for all the walking! I just turned 61 in April, so I have needed to do this for a while but finally decided if I don't get more focused on MY health, I won't be able to fully enjoy my passion - CRUISING!

I'll be going on my very first cruise July 29, 2017 on the Carnival Magic! I'm so excited especially because it gives me plenty of time to get down to my goal weight. I started at 205, down to 178 now. :D

Edited by hokielizabeth

• 4 weeks later...