Rethinking Tulum Ruins tour & Beach Break with RCI. Advice/help please

tusconcam

Thanks fore everyone's replies.

it really helps to hear about personal experiences, but I am still stuck as to whether to do the Tulum tour and Beach break or stay in Cozumel and do an all-inclusive Beach club.

My girlfriend is now more worried than ever about the possibility of getting seasick even with medicinal precautions, and the long bus rides.

I have been to Tulum years ago when vacationing in Cancun and did have longer there then. But i'm torn as the other 2 port excursions on our cruise are days at the beach. I had hoped to come back from this trip having seen at least something of interest, but is it worth it?

Any more advice/experiences would be appreciated.

If you also have had any experience with Playa Mia, Nachi Cocom or Mr Santos beach clubs that would really help too.

Thanks again.

I think you will have to discuss with your gf and is she even interested in Mayan ruins? I have been to Tulum, Chitchenitza, and Lamanai. I LOVE Mayan ruins so all three were wonderful to me. In no way would i say Tulum was a second rate site like someone else mentioned. It's different. They are all different. Tulum is the only site on the beach and it's absolutely beautiful.

P1070089.jpg

P1070102.jpg

P1070137.jpg

P1070147.jpg

P1070151.jpg

P1070161.jpg

Least favorite of all RCCL excursions. Long rides and got to spend only 45 minutes in Tulem so we could get to the beach. Spent 2 hours at beach. Meals was good but waves too rough to enjoy ocean. Guide was rude and kept rushing people. Only time I ever felt unsafe on a tour.

We did this same excursion last January.

The ferry ride was bad the day we went, my wife and a few others got sick, I didn't mind it too much and felt like I got a free amusement park ride thrown into the excursion deal.

The bus ride was a little long but our guide was good. But the ruins were really worth I for me. We had a very knowledgeable tour guide, and we thought it was fantastic. The only complaint was that it was a little rushed and us older folks sometimes had a hard time keeping pace.

The beach break was nice, and the food was pretty tasty. At the beach there was a lot of seaweed that you had to step thru to get to the water, but other than that I enjoyed the beach break as well.

I think these ruins are the kind of thing I am really into, and so all of the obstacles (Ferry, long bus..) were worth it to me. But if something like these ruins are of just moderate interest to folks, it may not be worth all the downside, especially if the ferry crossing is rough that day.

We did this same excursion last January.

The ferry ride was bad the day we went, my wife and a few others got sick, I didn't mind it too much and felt like I got a free amusement park ride thrown into the excursion deal.

The bus ride was a little long but our guide was good. But the ruins were really worth I for me. We had a very knowledgeable tour guide, and we thought it was fantastic. The only complaint was that it was a little rushed and us older folks sometimes had a hard time keeping pace.

The beach break was nice, and the food was pretty tasty. At the beach there was a lot of seaweed that you had to step thru to get to the water, but other than that I enjoyed the beach break as well.

I think these ruins are the kind of thing I am really into, and so all of the obstacles (Ferry, long bus..) were worth it to me. But if something like these ruins are of just moderate interest to folks, it may not be worth all the downside, especially if the ferry crossing is rough that day.

I really agree with this. I absolutely love Mayan ruins. Ruins from all cultures actually. My family took a land trip years ago through the Yucatan and went to several sites. It was so much fun, mysterious and my dad even made up stories to make it kind of scary! But if someone is just ho-hum about them, I don't think it will be worth their time.