Aquafest - 2006

cruisebax

They have a roll call on these boards for this years Halloween cruise on NCL Sun out of Houston. There is also a yahoo group for Aquafest. We went with Aquafest this past Spring and had that best time. Brian C., Toms', Tim and the whole company put a lot of effort into making sure everyone was included. :) Brian checks in on these boards too; so he is the man to answer any questions.

What I liked about Aquafest was all the times the group got together. Coffee chat in the morning, volleyball, entertainment & dances at night.

They even organized games to play on sea days and gave away freebees. We were informed of events every night for the next day by notes in our cabin. We had wristbands and t-shirts to identify each other. The excursions were good but; there were problems with the excursion operators (not with Aquafest). Tom had a large porfolio that he carried with him all the time to keep things orqanized. :) He even pulled out a cd (or it was cassette) when the tour operators music sucked.

Last Springs' cruise had been canceled and then enough of a group of repeat cruisers wanted to go that they put it (the one we were on) together. They do an good job at marketing these cruises in national publications. I just think the GLBT community is uninformed about the value they are getting with these companies.

We will probably go with them next Spring and maybe even Halloween 2006.

We are booked on the Halloween cruise with Aquafest, which will be our first with this group. We have been on several cruise lines but this will be our first experience with Aquafest. I will say that Kelly has been awesome to deal with. During the entire hurricane ordeal he and everyone at Aquafest made it a priority to keep us informed on what was happening during those few weeks. If the level of professionalism we have received pre-cruise is an indication of what we should expect during the cruise we will be very happy indeed.

Richard and Colin

Thanks for the information txfab,

rwslvm, I would like to hear how your Halloween cruise experience is.

I did send an email asking Aquafest if we could still pick our own dining assigment and table size and Brian responded very quickly that we could.

So far, I like what I have read about Aquafest. We might just give it a go.

I was very apprehensive that it was going to be a circuit party situation, fine for some, but not for us.

Gee - from all the tuxedo's and middle-aged faces (like mine), it sure doensn't look "circuit"...

Considering changing my travel plans (and possibly seeing my favorite HAL Captain and HM again on Zuiderdam)

Rhetorical question: Why do many gay folks seem to equate gay cruises and gay vacations w/ circuit parties and bathhouses?

Archived