Any cruisers back from Independence...disembarkation question

SF

We are planning to disembark with our luggage after our Indy cruise but what is the earliest time this has been allowed in recent weeks? I understand each disembarkation is different but just want to get an idea how things have been going as we need to be off as early as possible.

Use self assist if you NEED to get off early. Indy has been kinda a mess lately...

My original post said that we planned to take our own luggage off and be in line early but wanted to know how things have been lately from recent past passengers and what time they got off.

Sorry I read disembark luggage.. not WITH your luggage. We work with Port Everglades and the Indy has been SLOW lately. Seems if ypu are one of the first off, ygen ur OK, but anytime towards the middle of the pack there are long delays if that helps?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Sorry I read disembark luggage.. not WITH your luggage. We work with Port Everglades and the Indy has been SLOW lately. Seems if ypu are one of the first off, ygen ur OK, but anytime towards the middle of the pack there are long delays if that helps?

Thanks for your reply and your help. Yes, we plan to be one of the first in line so hopefully we'll be off early. Do you happen to know what time Indy starts it's walk off disembarkation?

We are planning to disembark with our luggage

after our Indy cruise but what is the earliest time this has been allowed

in recent weeks? I understand each disembarkation is different but just

want to get an idea how things have been going as we need to be off as

early as possible]

Hi,

Last Monday I used Express debark...in line at Studio B

by 7:00. Off the ship and through customs...inline for taxi

at 7:25 AM, WOW. Home at 7:54 AM, quickest ever for me!

I only bring medium sized 4 roller suitcase and a backpack...never

check any bags for the short 4 night cruises.

It is a great system!

:D

It was slower yesterday. At about 7:40, they made an announcement that all who were carrying luggage off should report to Studio B. I went down a bit later (my lounge was also supposed to be Studio B for a later time) and the line of people with bags was still stretching back into Studio B. People were still showing up with bags and were being directed to the back of the line. Still looks to be the best bet for getting off the ship early though.

I debarked Indy earlier this month. Knowing what to expect, we self-carried and got down to Studio B at 6:50 a.m. We were about 20th in line and were through customs and arrived at our car at 8:30 a.m. If you want to be out faster, get down to Studio B at 6:30 a.m.

The line actually starts in the hallway outside Studio B, at the end of the wall, right by the stairs. They won't let you stand right at the stairs because then the line will block the walkway. Location of waiting had been a concern for me, because I thought they were going to make us wait inside Studio B, and I knew that would be impossible with all the luggage.

Looking at the port schedule, Indy is the only ship scheduled to be in port on the day my cruise disembarks. Do you think this will make a difference? I see posts indicating the cruise terminal used can impact it.

Looking at the port schedule, Indy is the only ship scheduled to be in port on the day my cruise disembarks. Do you think this will make a difference? I see posts indicating the cruise terminal used can impact it.

Yes, it could very well make a difference and there should be less contention for customs agents.

Could you please tell me where you went to find out how many ships beside Indy will be in the morning of disembarkation? Our cruise disembarks on March 7th wondering how many ships will be in that morning.

Could you please tell me where you went to find out how many ships beside Indy will be in the morning of disembarkation? Our cruise disembarks on March 7th wondering how many ships will be in that morning.

I use cruisett.com which shows ports worldwide.

For Port Everglades, you can use this link which shows expected port movements for the next 5 days:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/PublicMovements.aspx

I use cruisett.com which shows ports worldwide.

For Port Everglades, you can use this link which shows expected port movements for the next 5 days:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/PublicMovements.aspx

Thanks for the info. I looked it up and it seems like there will be two other ships in port when we disembark. Hope this won't cause a delay. I know pier 25 isn't the best as I remember the confusion the previous times we docked there. Hopefully luck will be on our side and things will go smoothly.

Thanks for the info. I looked it up and it seems like there will be two other ships in port when we disembark. Hope this won't cause a delay. I know pier 25 isn't the best as I remember the confusion the previous times we docked there. Hopefully luck will be on our side and things will go smoothly.

We have found that the delays tend to accumulate, so it's best to get off as soon as possible.

On the Indy yesterday, everyone carried their bags down two flights of stairs to Deck One. All the pre-debarkation info about their "self-assist" program said that if you are not able to carry your bags down two flights of stairs, do not use the program.

Edited by vickiw0318

Hi,

You have to carry your own bags from deck 3 down to deck 1.

This is the reason I only ever bring a medium 4 roller suitcase

(fits through the scanner) and a back pack.

These stairs are a stumbling block for many over-packed cruisers,

pun intended.

You really need one hand free so the backpack over shoulder, one hand on railing

and other hand guiding a bouncing suitcase down the stairs....usually

out of control and heading directly at the person in front of you....

who, by then, has stopped because their suitcase is embedded in the

shoulder blades of the lucky fun loving cruiser in front of them.

It can be a cluster. All this is if you dock at pier 25.

If, for some reason, you come back and dock at pier 18...you have it

somewhat easier...no stairs.

If at 18.. you group up on deck 4 near exits at front and back elevators.

Once the gangways are in place and the CBP folks are ready... they tell

the ship when to start line moving...CBP folks run both shows, not Royal.

Anyway you may not ever come back to pier 18, I have twice...nice

though, no stairs.

But if you have many bags...going down the ramps can be a lot of fun...

think of a Luge Run with baggage.

:D

Edited by Rocket3D

We just got off IOS yesterday. We chose the walk off with your luggage as early as possible. We had a very early flight and I was a little concerned about catching the flight. Originally I thought I had seen we were supposed to be in Ft. Lauderdale at 7:00. Then when we were on the ship, I had read 8:00 several places. But Friday afternoon when they left paperwork in our cabin it said 7:30. We were in Ft. Lauderdale at 7:00 and Disembarkation began at 7:30. We were downstairs at Studio B at 6:55 and were about 20-30 in line. The line started moving right about 7:30. Getting off the boat was EASY.... customs was fast and easy. Ended up on a shuttle van with several other passengers. I think we were at the airport at 8:00, maybe a few minutes after. No real lines at the airport either.

I think the lines get much longer the longer you wait.

Yesterday I had the same experience as the previous post. Deck 3 aft at 7, in a taxi by 7:55. I think we docked at 18. We had to carry our luggage down two flights to deck 1. No issues whatsoever.

I was pleasantly surprised given comments I've read here on cruise critic. For that reason, I wanted to make it a point to comment about my experience. I think as long as you're in line at a decent time, you're good.

We've done Indy at both 18 and 25. There is a world of difference in those two terminals. Terminal 18 has always been good, even if you aren't off first. At 25, if you are off first, fine. Problem is, everyone can't get off first. And the later it gets, the worse it is. Hope and pray for 18.

R&D

We've done Indy at both 18 and 25. There is a world of difference in those two terminals. Terminal 18 has always been good, even if you aren't off first. At 25, if you are off first, fine. Problem is, everyone can't get off first. And the later it gets, the worse it is. Hope and pray for 18.

R&D

Exactly our experience at 25, with Liberty, Navigator, and Enchantment. In fact, we've had better luck with disembarkation at 29.