Royal Caribbean Cancels Anthem of the Seas Cruise Due to Storm

LauraS

We're on the ship. They've opened up free Internet for everyone (though many people already had unlimited access). Also free phone calls from the stateroom. We get 2/12th of the fare back plus 50% of the fare as Future Cruise credit.

But they're NOT letting people stay on till Friday. Not mentioned in the article is that there's quite a lot of Norovirus on board, and enhanced cleaning and sanitizing is going on constantly, all over the ship. I suspect they're going to use the time from Wednesday to Friday to sanitize everything to ensure the virus is taken care of.

We're on the ship, also. I feel they made the right decision and we're being compensated well. A bit disappointing that our vacation is ending early, though. I was wondering if they'd let us stay on til Friday...wonder what we'll do about our flights back.

We're on the ship, also. I feel they made the right decision and we're being compensated well. A bit disappointing that our vacation is ending early, though. I was wondering if they'd let us stay on til Friday...wonder what we'll do about our flights back.

I am sorry the trip is not working out well for you. Please post what happens with flights! That was my first thought when I read post!

Edited by jes Scott

That's easy: take the 2/12th refund and use it to stay in NY/NJ for two nights and enjoy yourselves! It may cost a bit more but you can still have a nice time.

(We have kids and grandchildren in NJ to visit so we'll have a couple more days with them before we head back.)

If I could offer any suggestions. We were on the cruise on 07FEB.

- if you had any hotel reservation at the end, in case you wanted to stay a few more days, try and contact them to change the dates, and waive fees if non refundable. A few of our friends did that, and the hotels were accommodating.

- same goes for the airlines. United was super in waiving our change fees due to mishap.

- otherwise, your credit card you purchased airfare on, may offer trip interruption.

Booking a hotel for two nights would definitely be cheaper than changing flights. Was hoping to stay on the ship, though, because we have our 14 month old with us and if we wanted a nice dinner we could use the onboard daycare. We'll make the best with what we have, though, and maybe even go check out NYC.