How Formal are Three Night Cruises?

queenbee2

DH and I are planning a mini, simple vaca. on Majesty for 3 nights.

We don't want to over think this one and also pack lightly. Rumor has it the formal evening on these short cruises are less formal. Anybody have insight on this for me? Would love to skip the froo-froo this cruise, but I also don't want to show up under dressed. We can always do an different option that eve. We have done seven day cruises but never a three- still very excited for a cruise even a little one! Thanks for any help!

We just did a three day to Mexico in August, dont' worry, unless you wear your bathing suit to dinner you'll fit right in.

I'd estimate that about 10% wore black tie attire and gowns; 20% didn't care at all and wore what they wanted to; 40% wore nice evening out attire, cocktail dresses and button down shirts (not too many jackets on the men folk); and the rest wore nice attire that would be acceptable for church or a wedding.

No one seemd to care what everyone else was or wasn't wearing. The mood was great and all were having a good time. Relax, you're on vacation!:D

You'll LOVE the Majesty!! She's one of our favorite ships, and sail her 3 or 4 times a year.....

Once in a great while I'll see a gentlemen in a tux, but most men do wear jackets and ties. The woman are dressed up too, but not as formal (in my opinion) as they are on longer cruises, but still dressy. More of an afternoon wedding attire. There are some of course who dress verrry casually, and others who go way overboard....

Michele

Archived