Live from Allure of the Seas!!! March 6th 2016

NARZHOKIE

When you are in Cozumel can you let me know if the shops in the port area remain open until the ship's departure time? I'm sailing in May and port departure time is 7 PM.

Yes they are open till you leave!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about not posting the web site has not liked me the last 2 days!! It wouldn't let me on here!! I'll post the rest of my review the next couple of days. I'll try to post some tonight after the show

Day 5 at sea

Slept in today!! Got up at 9 went down ate breakfast at Johnny Rockets. It was very good. If you want a good breakfast without fighting hoards and trying to find a table. That's the issue for windjammer for breakfast not enough tables it's huge but does have enough tables for the amount of people. That's my rant for that.

After breakfast went up to the pool deck 15. Never had a problem finding a chair it may not be right next to the pool those go to the early rising chair hogs. Spent about 2 hours there. Nice day about 80 outside today. Went and looked at the junk sale on promenade. Always are amazed at people lining up for the ropes to go up so they can get first crack at the 9 choices they have. I bought nothing mom bought 2 t-shirts!! Had lunch at the Dog House it was good. Went to medical to have moms bandage changed. It was the 2nd formal night. Lobster night. They were very good nice and hot. A maybe best in the last 4 or 5 cruises. No shows for us tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Day 6. Cozumel!!!

Love this port. We were in no hurry to get off the ship. Had no plans other than going downtown! Had breakfast at Johnny Rockets. Started of the ship around 10:30. I guess everyone that didn't have a tour decided to do it at same time plus there were 4 ships at the international pier. 2 more downtown Star & Getaway. Got to the taxi stand about 200 people waiting on a cab. It went pretty quick considering people were cutting in line. It's $8 for up to 4 people each way. Dropped off at The Form Shops. Didn't win any raffles that the ship was doing. Mom made out pretty good she got a new silver chain from a shop off the strip and a Tanzanite ring from DI I bought her a Mexican Fire Opal for her birthday. I got some t-shirts for my mgr. staff at DQ for holding down the fort while I was away. On a side note I had a panic attack on the way back to the ship. Standing there waiting on a cab realized I had left my wallet on the counter at Ron jouns surf shop. So I left mom and literally ran the half mile back. Thank god they had. I walked in the door the girl behind counter held it up and said missing something!!! I could of kissed her.

We had lunch at ponchos back yard. It was good and it was a lot of food. Had the lunch special $16 steak and enchilada and a quesadilla.

Took a cab back it was 4:30 got there huge line to get threw security one line for Allure & Liberty. Liberty was leaving at 5:30 us at 6:30. Took 30 min to get threw it. It's a long walk from there. I got a guy to push mom in a wheel chair she was wore out. Back on the ship we did the daily trip to change moms bandage. Stella mom's favorite nurse took care of her. Told us did need to come everything looked good just go to her doctor Monday and have them taken out.

Dinner!!! Tonight I had Lamb chops. By far the best main course of the cruise they were amazing!!!! I'm not usually a huge lamb fan but these were fabulous!!!!

Show!! Blue Planet

This show is another one that you sit there thinking can't believe this is being done on a ship!! The Tree has to be seen. Same singers as Mamma Mia. They did a really job in this show too. The music is a little all over the place. The show though is amazing. This show you need to be farther back in the theater to get the best view of it lots of stuff going on. We were to close were in the forth row. It was hard to take in the whole stage.

Took a walk threw Central Park and Boardwalk then off to the cabin to watch the fountain show. Then bed

Was in the parking lot at 9:30am we were #25 in calling order. Was suppose to 9 to 930 but the called it maybe 15 min early. But didn't go down till 9:10. Off the ship and threw customs and sitting in the car in 20 min.

Amazing review. Am sad to see it come to an end. Hope you had a safe trip home (although I guess you still have one more day to write about)

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks for the great review and fantastic pictures. That week seems to have sped past us! We're headed for the Allure in May, and you piqued our interest as well as providing much needed information.

Have a safe drive home! Hope Mom is all better!

Caren

Day 7 at sea!! Last Day :(

I got up at 8 they moved time forward a day early so we would lose it on get away day. I let mom sleep all the walking in Cozumel wore her out. Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Then I proceeded to walk the ship to see anything I had seen plus I wanted to see some of the stairwell art. This ship has the coolest picture on the stairs or just walking down the hall. I'm not much into a painting but love actual photos. I took lots of pictures on my camera so once I get back in the swing of things at work I'll sort them and post them on here plus down load the movies of the zip line and coaster from Labadee

Ok I realized on the last day I had not tried The Dog House or Sorrenttos? So I couldn't leave the ship without eating at these places so being a good reviewers I ate 2 lunches!! The pizza was the build your own took about 10 min. It was very good !! Wish I had ate here more often. I tried the ready made pizza to just to compare. It was ok but build your own was much better. Dog House was good hard to believe they don't have spicy mustard. Guacamole at Sabor is really good. you can make it spicy or mild

Went up and wiped out on the flow rider. I did better this year stayed on for maybe 10 seconds before wiping out

Last Dinner I had the Turkey and French onion soup. The soup didn't have the cheese melted like in past was good but not as good as in the past

They had the family comedy show in the theater the last night it was a good show.

Bags out by 11pm.

Final thoughts

Here our my thoughts of my cruise!! I would like thank everyone who followed along on my journey and watched my scopes!!! I was not sure about doing the periscopes since I had not really done it much. I was amazed one night when 160 people were watching at one time live. I was not a happy camper when for 2 days I could not get Tapatalk or my email to open. Not sure what the issue was cause the the Internet was working fine!!

Voom was the bomb !!!! It was as fast or faster than my DSL at the house!!! I watched some Netflix one night just to see if it would do it. Worked great no buffering issues at all

Boardwalk Balcony!!! It was my favorite cabin ever. 14715 the view was good could see the aqua theater and the ocean. If I ever go on this class ship again I will book on Boardwalk. I would move to down to 11 or 10 because the bridge does block some of the view. I'm a people watcher I like seeing the ocean but after couple of days it's just the ocean. With the inside balcony I see the ocean when I wanted to and see people zip lining and look down and see people strolling the boardwalk or kids reaction to the carousel or the balloon guy. Plus you look and see if Johnny Rockets is busy for breakfast cause the windjammer at breakfast is to be avoided like the plague. Had no issue with storage. The beds were comfortable slept well every night. I always seem to sleep better on a cruise than at home. Must be the slight rocking motion. Had no bathroom or shower issues.no weird smells no plugged drains. Loved the shower great pressure water staid hot. The clam shell design does not flood the floor like the showers with curtains. You do hear some noise when there is a show in the aqua theater not bad. Why would you be sleeping when a show is going??? This is a cruise if you want to sleep at 10pm you probably should not cruise or not book these rooms. Never heard a sound from the basketball court.

Food!!!'

Overall it was ok. Park Cafe was good. The famous roast beef sandwich was ok had 2 of them just to make sure I didn't get a bad one the first time. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat one again. It's roast beef on a decent roll bun I was expecting to have a life changing moment when bit into it. The way people talk about it. People must not eat many sandwiches to praise it that much. The Cuban was better in my opinion!!

Pizza!! Only ate there once wish I had ate there more. The build your own pizza was very good. The premade was ok

Windjammer!! The food was average buffet food. During lunch and Dinner had no issues finding a seat. Breakfast was a frigging ZOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess everyone never got the message about breakfast being free in all venues that were open. The crew in the windjammer were begging people to go elsewhere but to no avail. Guess people thought you couldn't get 6 eggs and 6 orders of bacon elsewhere!!!

Main Dinning Room!!! Kind of hit or miss. Lobster was very good. Prime Rib ok. The food was hot but some dishes looked good on the plate but lacked much flavor. I'm no foodie I'll eat anything and try anything. Just felt things had no seasoning! The Star of the week was the Lamb Chops. May of been the best meal I've had on a cruise!!!

Samba Grill

I found it worth the charge. You need to skip lunch if you go cause it's a lot of meat if you try it all. The appetizer bar has lots of choices.

Dog House

The two dogs I had were good. Still find it strange they don't have spicy mustard if you want that on your dog you have to take it on a walk to the park cafe to get it. Makes no since to me.

Freestyle machines!!

I like it tried maybe 10 flavors!! There are 7 machines on board. 4 in windjammer 2 on the promenade and 1 in wipeout cafe

Free ice cream only saw it in wipeout cafe but may of missed it somewhere else

Will finish up tomorrow since its 2:15 am

I enjoyed your review.

Glad your mom make it through her ordeal.

We well be boarding the Allure on May first for two cruises: Eastern and Western Caribbean. Your review made me want to go NOW.

Gil & Gail: We'll miss you on Allure by a couple of weeks. Maybe we'll see each other on Grandeur again!

Janet (from Williamsburg)

A Mom update !!! Found out today she has 2 fractures in her arm from her fall!!!! I give her mad props for never complaining during the cruise!!! She is one tuff lady!!!

Oh no! Hope she's not in too much pain. How did they miss that?