Alaska on Radiance: tips, tricks, secrets?

skrapngal

Love the outdoor Windjammer seating, though you will have to wear jackets, the views should be outstanding.

Bob - We've always enjoyed the outdoor Windjammer seating on Radiance class ships. We'll be on Radiance next year in Alaska. I looked at the deck plans for Radiance it shows Izumi and Rita's Cantina where the outdoor seating has been on the Jewel and Serenade. I know there's been a bunch of stuff added with the revitalizations so I assume Izumi and Rita's were part of that. What do you know?

Bob - We've always enjoyed the outdoor Windjammer seating on Radiance class ships. We'll be on Radiance next year in Alaska. I looked at the deck plans for Radiance it shows Izumi and Rita's Cantina where the outdoor seating has been on the Jewel and Serenade. I know there's been a bunch of stuff added with the revitalizations so I assume Izumi and Rita's were part of that. What do you know?

We ate most of our meals in the Windjammer, and I don't recall seeing any outdoor seating there on the Radiance. It would definitely be chilly, unless the ship was in port.

I don't know that I have any special insights about the ship. Entering the theater from deck 5 is the best way to get to the balcony. Excellent seats there, too.

The outdoor seating is still available on Radiance, it's directly aft of Windjammer. You may have to walk through Rita's or iZumi to get there. On Brilliance, only Rita's was next to Windjammer, and you could easily walk through it, it was virtually empty whenever we saw it.

You've chosen a wonderful ship for Alaska, skrapngal! Just want to mention to pack your swimsuit, the Solarium is nice and toasty. And if you have a balcony, early mornings out there with hot chocolate are cozy and quiet.

The outdoor seating is still available on Radiance, it's directly aft of Windjammer. You may have to walk through Rita's or iZumi to get there. On Brilliance, only Rita's was next to Windjammer, and you could easily walk through it, it was virtually empty whenever we saw it.

What a relief! We've always enjoyed sitting outdoors. I was afraid that they got rid of the outdoor seating to make room for Izumi and Rita's. DW is going to be very happy! :)