Staying on Decks 1 and 2

Baseball1999

Aft has a lot of vibration/noise but I like it and purposefully book there. Deck 1 is usually the safest as there are all rooms above. Deck 2 can be tricky as the galley is there. I am talking about Conquest Class ships, not sure about the Vista.

What she said, I prefer aft and midship. I don't care for the forward cabins. I think its quieter on the ships lower decks...less human traffic. Also great exersize if you take the stairs.

Another plus, never have a full elevator going up.

Yep. But I take the stairs - even to deck 9. I'm not gonna lie, I take a little breather at about deck 4 but I walk as much as possible. I get so much exercise in by doing that I think I should be able to write my cruises off as a health expense [emoji3]

Yep. But I take the stairs - even to deck 9. I'm not gonna lie, I take a little breather at about deck 4 but I walk as much as possible. I get so much exercise in by doing that I think I should be able to write my cruises off as a health expense [emoji3]

bobswife; I also use the stair most of the time but DW can't do that anymore. Just saying if you want and elevator you can get one. Don't know if you dress up on elegant night but if you do I suspect you use the lift when wearing hi heels. But being a man I'm not sure.

Slight threadjack, but we are currently books in room 1390 on the Glory this May, does anyone know how much vibrations we would feel there?

It's technically categorized as midship and I picked it since it wasn't close to any elevators. I made the mistake of not looking at the full deckplan when I picked it, I just assumed the "Aft" category would be as long as the midship category and have now realized I'm pretty dang close to the back of the ship.

bobswife; I also use the stair most of the time but DW can't do that anymore. Just saying if you want and elevator you can get one. Don't know if you dress up on elegant night but if you do I suspect you use the lift when wearing hi heels. But being a man I'm not sure.

I agree with them not being full and generally not a long wait. I do dress up and still manage to take the stairs. Gives the calves a good workout!

Edited by firemanbobswife

Slight threadjack, but we are currently books in room 1390 on the Glory this May, does anyone know how much vibrations we would feel there?

It's technically categorized as midship and I picked it since it wasn't close to any elevators. I made the mistake of not looking at the full deckplan when I picked it, I just assumed the "Aft" category would be as long as the midship category and have now realized I'm pretty dang close to the back of the ship.

No vibrations that far forward. Only concern I would have is that it's under the galley. Not sure if you will hear noises at all hours.

No vibrations that far forward. Only concern I would have is that it's under the galley. Not sure if you will hear noises at all hours.

Thanks! Is that a concern even though its two floors below it? My PVP said I could get upgraded to the next category which would have been a similar room on Deck 2 but I declined it because I had heard that.

Can anyone tell me what it is like staying on Decks 1 and 2? Is it noisy? We are thinking about booking a room on 1 of the decks on the Vista. Thank you

As long as you are mid ship, then it is a very quiet location. The only thing below you is crew space, and you won't hear anything from that.

Firemanbobswife, I only take the stairs too. The last time I was on deck 1 I went all the way up to Lido on the Magic, which is deck 10 on the dream class. I may have been breathing heavily, but I didn't gain weight on the cruise.

Best place to be in my opinion! Quiet, less traffic, and best of all, less motion if you're midship. I'll take deck 1 ANY DAY!

And for those mentioning vibrations aft, you can feel that even on the higher decks. It's not a "low deck" thing but an "aft" thing.

Best place to be in my opinion! Quiet, less traffic, and best of all, less motion if you're midship. I'll take deck 1 ANY DAY!

And for those mentioning vibrations aft, you can feel that even on the higher decks. It's not a "low deck" thing but an "aft" thing.

True. Although it is much more pronounced the lower you are. I love it so you will find me on deck 1 or 2 all the way aft!

On the Elation we were on deck 2 aft, and when we were coming back into the port in New Orleans for disembarkation, it was extremely loud and sounded like we were dragging bottom (even though I knew we weren't) but other than that I've never had any problems!

We have booked Main deck (deck 2) six out of seven cruises. We love the location, and prefer the forward cabins. The Fantasy class ships have cabins above and below, so no worries. On other ships, check the deck plans to be sure you aren't booking under the galley and you should be fine.

We were on Deck 2 midship on the Valor last year and had no problems at all. Our room was under a corner of the dining room, but we never heard anything. Foot traffic in the hall was louder than anything, and it wasn't bad enough to worry about.

One thing I don't think I saw mentioned here...

When you return from a day in port, it's so nice to skip the LONG line for the elevators and just pop up one flight of stairs to your deck.

Great Point!!!

Also staying aft, vibrations will make sure you get up on time on port days, sort of a built in alarm clock. I like it.