Veranda Dividers Question on Riviera

Gaston123

My husband and I are sailing on the Riviera from Venice on August 31st. It will be our second O cruise. On our first O cruise, we sailed on the Regatta through Alaska in 2014 from Vancouver to San Francisco. Our traveling companions on the Regatta were our next door neighbors and one thing we enjoyed immensely was that when we saw the situation with our state room Veranda divider we immediately requested that the divider be removed and we got to enjoy a connected deck with our friends. We loved it.

I am wondering if the situation on the Riviera is the same whereby dividers between balconies can be removed? I'm a bit worried that it may depend on the specific rooms.

As i type this I realize I should ask my TA and will likely do so, but am interested if anyone here might have any insight at the same time!?

Many Thanks,

Ian

Edited by Gaston123

I just called Oceania to request the divider be temporarily removed between our cabin and the cabin next door which will be occupied by our friends. (We're in an A4 Concierge cabin on the Marina) Oceania informed that yes it is possible and my request could be accommodated once we are on board and not something that would be handled ahead of time via a pre-cruise request.

I just called Oceania to request the divider be temporarily removed between our cabin and the cabin next door which will be occupied by our friends. (We're in an A4 Concierge cabin on the Marina) Oceania informed that yes it is possible and my request could be accommodated once we are on board and not something that would be handled ahead of time via a pre-cruise request.

Thanks for this insight, much appreciated. I did end up asking my TA and she mentioned the same thing. I was worried that certain locations on the ship may not have this ability, but from all of these positive indications i am now thinking it should be no problem... Thanks again!

Here are photos of our balcony dividers from our Riviera cruise, so I think it can be done, if allowed. Just the front portion opens out on a hinge. I don't believe that the entire divider can be removed

Thanks for the visuals, Iamthesea! That is extremely helpful. It is a different setup from Regatta where the entire panel came off. I'm glad to see the setup we can expect!!

We were on the Riviera last August and we had our 2 adult daughters in the next cabin. We had no difficulty having the divider fastened back, our cabin attendant sorted it. We were in the cabins with the extended balconies, 7001 and 7003, it was great and we each had 2 sun loungers. Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Lindy028

We were on the Riviera last August and we had our 2 adult daughters in the next cabin. We had no difficulty having the divider fastened back, our cabin attendant sorted it. We were in the cabins with the extended balconies, 7001 and 7003, it was great and we each had 2 sun loungers. Have a wonderful cruise.

We're going to be in 7005 in two weeks. Did you just ask your cabin attendant to exchange the chairs for loungers for the balcony?

We're going to be in 7005 in two weeks. Did you just ask your cabin attendant to exchange the chairs for loungers for the balcony?

Hi. We have had the extended balcony set up on 4-5 cruises now and on embarkation the lounges were already there and from memory they are standard on the extended cabins now. But, to be sure I always put in a request via the Oceania web site listing my cabin number and request.

To be far to the crew setting up for our cruise I think it is better for them to have advance notice of ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS prior to embarkation day as they are busy enough with out ME coming on and requesting lounges etc.

This is the email address I use and always get an automated reply & have always had my requests fulfilled before we get to the cabin. :)

specialservices@oceaniacruises.com

If you are on Riviera - March 20 - see you on board.

Edited by rhohea

rhohea - Thank you for providing the special services email address so I can make my request ahead of time. I tried to accomplish a pre-request by calling Oceania Cruises directly, but was given the "request when you get onboard" answer. So, my request has been emailed! Yeah!

Does anyone know if on the Marina/Riviera, does just the first panel with the curved edge get removed/fastened back or is it the entire series of panels?

Thank you everyone for your help with my inquiries!

Edited by jw_406

Hi. We have had the extended balcony set up on 4-5 cruises now and on embarkation the lounges were already there and from memory they are standard on the extended cabins now. But, to be sure I always put in a request via the Oceania web site listing my cabin number and request.

To be far to the crew setting up for our cruise I think it is better for them to have advance notice of ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS prior to embarkation day as they are busy enough with out ME coming on and requesting lounges etc.

This is the email address I use and always get an automated reply & have always had my requests fulfilled before we get to the cabin. :)

specialservices@oceaniacruises.com

If you are on Riviera - March 20 - see you on board.

Thanks for the information--I suppose it won't hurt to send an email!

We are on board the week before you.

Hi, as others have already stated the loungers were already in place when we boarded. We did enquire if we could have loungers and we were told that if they weren't already there then just request them from your room attendant.

I'm sure you will find that they are already there, but it won't be a problem if the're not.