Disney Dream March 25 4 Night

Kataus

This is my family's first time going on a Disney cruise! We are so exciting but also super nervous because we know no one else on the cruise. I hope we aren't the only ones and that we are able to diminish that fear for us and others!

This is my family's first time going on a Disney cruise! We are so exciting but also super nervous because we know no one else on the cruise. I hope we aren't the only ones and that we are able to diminish that fear for us and others!

Believe me, you won't be the only ones on the cruise.

The biggest suggestion I can give you is - don't try to do everything, you can't. Just enjoy what you can do and plan to do the things you skip on the next one.

Be friendly and smiling and others will be friendly also.

With 2 exceptions when we invited someone to cruise with us, we have never gotten on a ship knowing anyone else. That isn't a problem at all.

Unless you are in concierge or request to be seated as "just us," there is an excellent chance that you'll be seated with others at dinner. Somehow DCL does an amazing job of matching up families..... The kids will meet people in the programming. The adults can meet others or not as they choose in activities, in the gym, hanging out by the pool, etc. It is easy to talk to people on the ship. We've had some amazing dinner partners. On two occasions, these people became "friends for life" and we've kept in touch on Facebook, etc. Other times, you've had a nice cruise, often exchange e-mail addresses, and go your separate ways. You won't be lonely on the ship. There is plenty to do either alone or with others--your choice.

Join a roll call group (there's still time). I found a roll call group for my last cruise on a popular social media site. Just do a search of Disney Dream and the date of your cruise and there should be one there. There might also be one here on CC that is active.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app