How many dance venues are on the Epic? New to NCL

gam888

We have never sailed on NCL before and are considering sailing on the Epic to the Canary Islands in April. Wondering how many dance venues are on the ship. We like to do some ballroom dancing and general dancing after dinner. We heard that the disco plays mostly Electronic type of music that are not to the taste of most more mature clientele. What are the other lounges that has a dance floor that has either a live band or DJ that plays good dancing music?

How is the food? Entertainment? Are there any deck parties? Some complains I have read are referring to the ship could be too crowded and noisy?

We also have a choice of choosing $50 per stateroom credit off each port, up to 4 ports for the shore excursions. Wondering if they are well run and I presume they are mostly over prices to start with?

The other choice is 250 free internet minutes. Is the internet connection fast? We just need it to send email, not to download anything. We usually find internet while we are onshore, but thought it might be convenient to have internet on sea days on the ship. But is it really slow?

Just wondering which perk is the better value to pick.

Please share any info on the Epic, thank you in advance.

There is dancing in the Bliss Ultra Lounge (I wouldn't say electronic music, but definitely not ballroom dancing) and in the Cavern Club (Beatles and more "easy listening"). I have read that there is dancing in the Manhattan dining room, but I never witnessed this myself. That might be more like ballroom type, but it's during dinner, while everyone else is eating…

There is sometimes dancing up by the pool (think line dancing classes) and deck parties in the evening in Spice H2O in warmer weather.

We have taken ship's tours in the Canary Islands (in such cases we look for full-day tours that go to more places than we would be able to do on our own or dare to do with a private tour). IMO they are acceptable value under the circumstances, but over $100 per person for each tour.