Help with Jacksonville parking

elklemi

I am on a cruise in April from Jacksonville and will stay night before around the airport, I am undecided about parking at the pier as I envision along line of cars trying to get into the port so does anyone have an idea of what taxi charges from airport to the port? It seems like taxi might be less of a hassle and maybe not too much more than parking at port. This is my first time out of Jacksonville if anyone can offer their experience. Thanks!

I am on a cruise in April from Jacksonville and will stay night before around the airport, I am undecided about parking at the pier as I envision along line of cars trying to get into the port so does anyone have an idea of what taxi charges from airport to the port? It seems like taxi might be less of a hassle and maybe not too much more than parking at port. This is my first time out of Jacksonville if anyone can offer their experience. Thanks!

Parking in Jax is extremely easy. It is an open lot (not covered) but has security throughout the week. We parked there twice and had no issues at all. Very quick to get in and very quick to get out.

Some of the airport hotels have a park/cruise option so you may check that.

However, as mentioned above parking at the port is very easy and what we prefer since the airport is about 10 miles away.

I hope you have a great cruise!!!

Jaxport only has one road in and out to the port off Heckscher Drive. They wont let you in until everyone departing has cleared the parking lot. So don't plan on getting too early. I think we waited until 1030 or 1100 before we arrived. Easy drop off zone then park, prepay and walk or golf cart ride to the terminal. Easy port.

Also plan on being on the open top deck as soon as the ship makes its turn and heads out, duck your head when you go under the bridge. Happy cruising!!!