Escape 2/20 - 2/27

BMH5150

I loved Bayamo; my mother did not. I think you need to be slightly adventurous to enjoy it. We ordered 2 appetizers each - mom had the quinoa soup which she loved and the lobster salad which she didn't. I ate and loved her lobster salad and the salinas. The other ceviche not so much. Mom's swordfish was dry but she didn't want to try another one or an alternative, which was immediately offered when the hostess saw the fish as she happened to be passing by the table. My Wagyu beef was excellent. We ordered one dessert to share and they brought out 3! The sorbets, the chocolate hazelnut and a house dessert. Neither of us have a sweet tooth and I was stuffed from dinner but these were so good. It was a shame we hardly made a dent in them.

Thank you 17cruisesnsl.

Adventurous? You bet! Looking at the menu, what stands out to me is the Beef Carpaccio, Pan Roasted Scallops w/Braised Ox Tail, Pan Roasted Shrimp, and Duck Breast.

Hopefully they are good. We're counting down the days!

I'm so grateful that you wrote this. I get very sea sick (which stinks because I love cruises!) and was worried about trying the Escape. What cabin did you have? It seems that does also influence people's opinions on motion on the ship.

Thanks

I get motion sickness very easily. It's sad. If I'm a passenger in any moving vehicle I easily get a headache if I'm looking down to read anything. I WILL say that I did notice extra movement on the Escape compared to the other ships I've been on. But, the difference was...I did not feel any motion sickness during the entire cruise.

Purchase the SeaBand. Maybe it did the trick...I find it hard to believe but maybe it did it's job.

Our cabin was 9872...aft...near the elevators.

Brian

I've found myself scanning the pricing for upcoming sail dates more than once since I've returned.

I'm booked on the Dec 10th sailing in a studio! Loved your review and it would be great to experience it live!:)

Carrie

Brian - great review... thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Something tells me that the Escape is acquiring its fair share of loyalists. I've found myself scanning the pricing for upcoming sail dates more than once since I've returned.

We feel like we have unfinished business to take care of on the Escape. The District Brewhouse (home) better have them kegs filled up by December 3rd!

Brian

You had me at beef wellington - and beer. Mmmmm. Beeeeeer. GREAT review. I just bought a GoPro a few weeks ago and have been testing it out. Seems like a great all around camera for family adventures besides just the water activities. The only negative is the image stabilization but I'm willing to look past that.

The Beef Wellington was outta sight. It was cooked perfectly. I've been dreaming about that Wellington ever since I got off the ship.

I think the lack of image stabilization on the GoPro gives the video some added personalization and character. Since I've gotten home and downloaded the video for some post-production...I'm noticing that the video I let my kids take is priceless. So much better than my boring documentary style shots. Next cruise I'll let them wander around with it a bit more. Who would've thought that a 4 year old and a 15 year old would capture such great video!?

My only complaint is that I didn't take more!

Brian