Lefty Tour

aggiemom11

I wanted to do a tour with Lefty, but he is booked for our available date. He is offering another driver. I have read reviews and they are great for Lefty, but not so great for times when Lefty can't do the tour. Anyone have another driver besides Lefty? Opinions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I worked with Lefty to arrange a driver out of Rethimnon in Crete (not many ships stop there). I can't recall if he was already busy or if it was just easier to arrange an alternate driver who was closer to Rethimnon, but long story short we ended up with a different driver (but one that Lefty arranged).

Keep in mind always that these are DRIVERS, not tour guides. Some have more personality than others and some give more information.

My friend and I were already well-versed in basic information about Crete (this was my third visit there) and we had done a lot of research on the destinations for the tour that day. We really did not need much extra information from the driver. We conversed with him a little and he pointed out a few things along the long-ish drive, and that was fine with us. Much more and it would have been annoying. :p

If you are the type that wants a big personality or a story-teller then you should make that clear when you are arranging your day.