Palermo & Cagliari in March

McCallFam

We are visiting both Palermo & Cagliari from NCL Epic in March. We're going to have a busy itinerary on this cruise (lots of museums, monuments & cathedrals) - so we thought we might like relaxing days in these 2 ports....nice walks, lunch, a bit of shopping etc. I've had a look at Mondello beach, Poetto Beach & Cefalu.....not expecting it to be sunbathing weather in March but does any one know whether these coastal areas are open in March and whether it might be nice to visit these areas rather than the cities? Any advice would be appreciated 😃

Cefalu will be "open", so to speak, as it's a public beach but there will not be any services available (loungers or umbrellas for rent, etc.). Some restaurants in town may be closed but most things will be up and running.

I realized that Med cruises find you in lots of museums, churches, etc. but I urge you not to pass up seeing some of Palermo too quickly. The architecture in Sicily is quite different from the rest of Italy with a strong Arabian influence.

Edited by euro cruiser

Cefalu will be "open", so to speak, as it's a public beach but there will not be any services available (loungers or umbrellas for rent, etc.). Some restaurants in town may be closed but most things will be up and running.

I realized that Med cruises find you in lots of museums, churches, etc. but I urge you not to pass up seeing some of Palermo too quickly. The architecture in Sicily is quite different from the rest of Italy with a strong Arabian influence.

Thank you Eurocruiser.....maybe we'll rethink and spend the day in Palermo instead. Have you ever done the hoho bus tour?? I think it takes in Mondello - maybe that would be the best way to take in both the city's main sites and get to see the more coastal parts too.