Specialty dining question I'll bet you've never seen before

alexmom

Pineapple comes to the table on a sword/spit. The plantains are a side dish next to the beans, rice, potatoes.

There is no need to insure the meat.

I'm going for the pineapple. Caramelizing pineapple over fire sounds heavenly. I've never let my husband do that on a grill because he doesn't know the difference between caramelized and charred. He was even worse with a gas grill.

I'm assuming the plantains receive some degree of grilling as well. Yum.

Thanks, luddite !

You'd think with my obsession over creme brûlée that I would buy the stuff to make it myself. And you'd be right. No one in my house will touch brûlée. So I don't make it anymore. I use my brûlée torch to anneal wire and patina copper jewelry and feed my cat out of the brûlée ramekins.

Thank God for cruise ships or I would be brûlée-less for life, LOL.

If you ever get divorced, Kristine, look me up. I'll move in with any woman who loves crème brulee as much as I do. ;)

(And if you ever go to Las Vegas, a lot of the premium buffets have crème brulee ... which means all-you-can-eat crème brulee!)

We were too full following dinner at La Cucina on the Escape so the waiter packed our ricotta cheesecake (not like mine - slightly disappointing) and tiramisu (excellent!). He packed napkins and utensils too. Excellent service

We had asked our room steward to empty the refrigerator (he put the beverages on the floor under the desk) so we had coffee and dessert quite a few hours after dinner

That sounds perfect for us, too! I'll try that on BA in May. We have 4 night SDP, which we paid for, not a promo. Would this be included in our package or would we pay extra for our take-out dessert?

If you ever get divorced, Kristine, look me up. I'll move in with any woman who loves crème brulee as much as I do. ;)

(And if you ever go to Las Vegas, a lot of the premium buffets have crème brulee ... which means all-you-can-eat crème brulee!)

Brûlée kits are about $20 and they are so EASY to make ! I'm a self-taught cook who was a Home-Ec disaster in high school (my home-ec teacher used my experiences in her class as the basis for her thesis-for real!)

The only problem is that most recipes are formulated for dinner parties. That's a lot of brûlée ! I've never taken the time to experiment with reducing the recipes. It sounds like a case of simple math, but in cooking, 2+2 doesn't always =4 and 8-6 is even sketchier.

I do remember having brûlée in Vegas, but it was all such a blur of eating and activity ! All I really remember is Criss, Ka, and a bar called RiRa (-a really good Scotch egg and a lot of Guinness was consumed listening to an awesome Irish band out of Brooklyn !) Oh, I almost forgot the Bellagio ! That place was an unending source of beautiful, delicious and fascinating !