Breakaway Aft Balcony

I upgraded from a BD balcony to an aft balcony for dirt cheap. How much sun exposure do the balconies get on deck 9 . They look completely covered ,would I be better off on 12 or 13 for more sun. I know the orientation of the ship to the sun will have a lot to do with it , I really dont want to lounge out in the shade.

Interesting! Glad I followed! We have never sailed on a humongous ship before. The PCC quoted us 85 sq ft. for the balcony. I thought that was pretty big. He quoted another larger one on deck 13.

I could probably still change - we wanted a higher deck closer to the pool deck since we smoke (I know...I know! ~ sorry).

Is the noise really that loud from H2O???

Thanks. I was leaning to keep it. We wanted this location when we booked but was 900 more at time of booking, I called NCL reservations last week to up grade they want an additional 1200 ,they told me to wait 2 weeks and it might be cheaper.I called the upsell dept 2 days later and got it for 200, so in total got this cabin for 2500 including port taxes for 3 with UBP and soda for son . I was also able to get my daughter from an ocean view to a Large balcony on deck 9 for 55 bucks.

Edited by HighVoltage#9

I was in 12906 this past August. Huge balconies (second only to deck 9) and a convenient deck for getting up top to the pool deck. Definitely recommend it!

any pictures? I'm not to concerned about being close tot the pool,I want to be close to the bars on the waterfront. We had a M6 on deck 8 and loved the location, how was the noise from H20 ? I hear it can be loud on 12 13 & 14 .I like to sleep with balcony door open

any pictures? I'm not to concerned about being close tot the pool,I want to be close to the bars on the waterfront. We had a M6 on deck 8 and loved the location, how was the noise from H20 ? I hear it can be loud on 12 13 & 14 .I like to sleep with balcony door open

Sure! Here's our balcony. Depending on the time of day, there was always a shady spot to be had, as well as a sunny spot.

19808578244_fa85b7b22e_b.jpg

As you can see, plenty of room. I couldn't even get the whole balcony in the shot:

20431223955_239e378405_b.jpg

As from noise from Spice H2O, you could definitely hear it. It was definitely audible with the door open—and even with the door closed, you could still hear the bass through the bulkheads. My wife prefers to sleep with the balcony door closed (we typically cruise in the summer, and the cabin can get a little warm and humid), so we didn't try sleeping with it open.

I would say that the Spice H2O noise would be the only drawback of this cabin—but it didn't really keep us awake, and it's certainly not enough to prevent us from taking this cabin again. We would gladly do so! Just something to be aware of.

Deck 12 is only a few decks down from the pool deck, and only a few decks up from the waterfront—pretty much ideally located if you want to avoid elevators.

Edited by dcipjr

Interesting! Glad I followed! We have never sailed on a humongous ship before. The PCC quoted us 85 sq ft. for the balcony. I thought that was pretty big. He quoted another larger one on deck 13.

I could probably still change - we wanted a higher deck closer to the pool deck since we smoke (I know...I know! ~ sorry).

Is the noise really that loud from H2O???

You know Chitown, smoking is prohibited on balconies ,but i wont tell.

Thanks everyone. We just took your advice. I called NCL and changed to 12306 (deck 12). 120 sq. ft. balcony to enjoy!

Basically the mirror image of the balcony we had! You'll love it. Enjoy.

You know Chitown, smoking is prohibited on balconies ,but i wont tell.

Ha Ha! I follow the rules! I haven't sailed since they stopped allowing smoking on balconies. It's been a while, but I'll survive it (we don't smoke in our house either).

We booked a 12th floor aft balcony on the Breakaway for this August, for 3 people. Looking forward to having an aft room for the larger balcony. However, Was wondering if anyone can advise if this type room is comfortable for 3 people or should I look for a large balcony room class or mini suite instead?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

We booked a 12th floor aft balcony on the Breakaway for this August, for 3 people. Looking forward to having an aft room for the larger balcony. However, Was wondering if anyone can advise if this type room is comfortable for 3 people or should I look for a large balcony room class or mini suite instead?

Go with the aft balcony. The difference in the large balcony is just balcony size, and your aft on 12 will have a nice big balcony. The mini suite will have a tiny balcony (unless you get a large balcony one) and the only significant difference in room size is in the bathroom. If you were on a Dawn or a Jewel class ship I would say go for a mini suite for 3 people, but on Breakaway get the aft balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like we will be on the same cruise. Sign up for the roll call on this website if you want. It's very slow right now, but it's there.

I was in 12906 this past August. Huge balconies (second only to deck 9) and a convenient deck for getting up top to the pool deck. Definitely recommend it!

The corner Aft balconies on deck 14 are much larger in fact the largest on the ship....The Aft Facing Haven Suites....love them:)