My Time Dining vs Traditional

There are 7 in our group including 3 children aged 15, 13 and 9 years - we have opted for My Time Dining on our next cruise with Radiance of the Seas. I have read that you have to pre-pay your gratuities when you opt for My Time Dining but we have fully paid our cruise balance and have not paid gratuities yet??? Is this an error or will they automatically add them to our on-board cruise account....which is what I thought they did with everybody anyway?

Also just wondering which would be better for us - we prefer to eat at around 7.30pm so right in the middle of the dining times! Does anybody know what the late dining time is for the Radiance of the Seas transpacific cruise leaving Sydney on the 4th of April 2016? I thought I read somewhere it was brought forward from 8.30pm to 8pm?

Being a group of 7 we usually have a table to ourselves so I imagine that wouldn't change no matter what time we choose. Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thank-you.

There are 7 in our group including 3 children aged 15, 13 and 9 years - we have opted for My Time Dining on our next cruise with Radiance of the Seas. I have read that you have to pre-pay your gratuities when you opt for My Time Dining but we have fully paid our cruise balance and have not paid gratuities yet??? Is this an error or will they automatically add them to our on-board cruise account....which is what I thought they did with everybody anyway?

Also just wondering which would be better for us - we prefer to eat at around 7.30pm so right in the middle of the dining times! Does anybody know what the late dining time is for the Radiance of the Seas transpacific cruise leaving Sydney on the 4th of April 2016? I thought I read somewhere it was brought forward from 8.30pm to 8pm?

Being a group of 7 we usually have a table to ourselves so I imagine that wouldn't change no matter what time we choose. Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thank-you.

You no longer are required to prepay gratuities with My Time Dining.

If you want a table for your group only, mention that to the MTD host.

Edited by clarea

RCI fairly recently eliminated the requirement that gratuities be prepaid and they now add the gratuities to your account daily in the same way that they do with all other passengers. I believe that, if you wish, you can still choose to prepay them but it is no longer a requirement.

We pre paid ours for the first time last cruise and actually liked not seeing the daily charges on on Acct at the end of the cruise. The dollar amount works out the same whether pre paid or not. I also pre paid my husbands beer package so we ended up with the lowest on board charges we have ever had since everything was already paid for except a few photos and a few cokes I had.