Upgrade to Spa Room for Therapy Spa Passes?

coasterbrad

Hi everyone, I'll be sailing on the Breakaway in a couple months and have a "should I do it" question. We currently are booked in a front facing Ocean View room (12104). We are considering getting therapy spa passes for the week which if purchased online would be $179/pp or $358 total. If we purchase on the ship it would be $199/$398. However, there has been a pretty big price drop recently so I called to see what are option are. We would be able to upgrade to a Spa Balcony room for $540 total. My understanding is that these rooms include unlimited access to the therapy spa. Is that correct?

So, two questions. Is the therapy spa pass worth it? If we decide to get the passes, is the extra amount to upgrade to the Spa Balcony room worth it?

We've always stayed in regular balcony rooms before but have no issue with the room we currently have booked. I actually kind of like the look of the forward facing picture window rooms. But of course a balcony would also be really nice. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Decide whether you want balcony or your current room. If you move to a balcony cabin how much would it be to move to a non spa balcony and buy the thermal suite passes separate vs the spa balcony that includes them.

My wife and I always get the passes when on NCL and we love the spa area. However, I have never booked a spa cabin because they were always significantly more expensive than getting a cabin and buying them separate. We are sailing the Escape in April and I booked an MX and bought the thermal suite passes separate. It would have cost me a $1000+ more to book the spa mini suite. Happy Cruising!

Wait a few more weeks, maybe the offer will get better.

But if you definitely want spa access, you should go ahead and book the passes on-line with the discount. If you end up upgrading, I assume (?) you can ask for a refund.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll probably end up waiting a few more weeks before making a decision but it's great to get some feedback from those in the know. This will also be out first cruise with NCL so I have a lot to look into and learn about :)

Aloha,

I would say the upgrade would be worth it. However, regardless if you do the upgrade or not, the Thermal Spa Pass is ABSOLUTELY 100% worth it. I've gotten it on every single cruise and for me it's a Norwegian necessity (I'm always online the day it goes on sale). One of the best value items that Norwegian offers (and coming from Hawaii where everything spa related is expensive, I would even pay more than the asking price for it haha). I personally like balconies but if it's not important to you this time around, just get the passes. Either way I think you'll be great :)