Stateroom question from a newbie!

starlit

My fiance and I will be going on the Conquest for our honeymoon next year and we have started looking at rooms available. Can anyone tell me what the difference between stateroom categories are? (12,11,9A,8E) Is being near an elevator bad news? We are debating splurging for the honeymoon. Anyone stayed in a suite and was it worth the upgrade from the balcony? One more question....if I book a room through the carnival website and pick a room number, is there a chance it will change?

Thanks!;)

8A-E are balcony cabins (A is upper deck - E is panorama deck).

9A is a cabin with extended balcony.

11 is a suite.

12 is a penthouse suite.

I've stayed next to an elevator lobby once on the Glory and it was a little noisier than I'd really like (with elevator dings, etc), but not too bad. If you choose your room, you will get that room unless you pick one with specific occupancy requirements that you don't meet.

I've stayed in the category 8 and on my last cruise the 11. I LOOOOVED the category 11 the best. Loved the extra room, the decor, just felt pampered. Some people don't care about the room, but when I go on vacation I like to splurge on where I am staying cause I am sleeping there for the next 7 days! I booked the 8 on my honeymoon it was still nice, but to me, once you go in a suite, can't go back! If you can swing it, DEFINITLY! If it will be a crunch, don't bother..the 8 was still nice.

Archived