mid ship mini suite REGAL

Alyssanmichael

I was on the Regal in a minisuite under the skywalk. It was fine, it did not pose any problems. It's a cool thing to be able to see. Nobody looked at us while we were on the balcony. People are looking down to the sea below, not the balconies (boring). The mini suite on the Regal is positively AWESOME, by far the nicest cruise cabin I've ever stayed in. So spacious and nicely laid out. Have a great time!

I think you got lucky. A414 is in an excellent position and has a larger balcony than other mini-suites (except for a few at the bow). We were in C414 on Royal last year. It's in the same position, except 2 decks lower. The floor of the SeaView Bar was frosted glass, so it's different to the Skywalk, where the floor is clear glass and the balconies of cabins below are overlooked. Enjoy your cruise.

I think you got lucky. A414 is in an excellent position and has a larger balcony than other mini-suites (except for a few at the bow). We were in C414 on Royal last year. It's in the same position, except 2 decks lower. The floor of the SeaView Bar was frosted glass, so it's different to the Skywalk, where the floor is clear glass and the balconies of cabins below are overlooked. Enjoy your cruise.

Quick question for you. Did the lights above stay on all night or could you see the sky late at night? Passed up upgrades because Princess considers mid ship an upgrade just curious.

Thanks

Not sure, really. The lights from the bar above weren't harsh, because of the frosted glass floor, so I reckon they didn't affect views of the stars, which is what I think you're asking. Suppose none of that's relevant now though, if you're not taking that cabin.

Our only issue with this location was the lack of a center stair well. We never take the elevator, so we were always walking forward or aft to a stairwell. I tried to think about it positively (more steps = less weight gain), but it did make it less convenient to run back to the room for something.

we had a mini suite, not under the skywalk, but aft of it. The only thing I didn't like was a little noise in the morning from the deck above from moving of deck chairs. But it was subtle, and it happened about the time I get up to go to the gym anyway. It was Marina deck, and I would certainly stay there again. You might want to get either Aft or fwd as there are no stairs, and the mid ship elevators are a big pain in the tuckus. That's my opinion though.

Our mini was midship on Royal, so same design. If we were going aft, we used the aft stairs, forward, those stairs. No problem for us.

What made it wonderful was the curtain that we could close between the sofa and the bed. It made the bed side dark enough to go to sleep while DH watched TV. It also has two flat screen TVs, and a nice size bathroom with a tub.

Much more elbow room.

If you're like me, it's going to be hard to go back to a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app