Pre-Trip Med on the Epic in July

jewelmick

It's 21 days out for our trip!

A quick update. I have written a short intro note to our butler, I can't remember who here at CC suggested it, but seemed like a good idea?

Here is it, what do you think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyvfy18r1q2vjih/Screenshot%202016-06-15%2008.52.44.png?dl=0

Oh, by the way...we got the unlimited internet package. My wife is going to have to check in with work a few times and I have a couple of assignments due that week that I can't do ahead of time. So, I will try to do some LIVE reporting while on board...if the wifi onboard cooperates. So, any questions anyone has let me know ahead of time...pictures of areas etc.

Edited by jewelmick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Butlers do, indeed, meet a lot of people of the first day!

If you go to the NCL website you'll be able to pre-order the wines you'd like in your cabin. They are not a part of the drink package if I'm remembering correctly. It used to be possible to order a bottle of liquor for the cabin, but just now I couldn't find it so that may have changed. I didn't try to help function to really check.

Snacks are brought to your cabin each afternoon and again in the evening if you wish. I believe they are on a rotation and some are better than others but you can help the butler out by generalities. A couple of the days there are little sandwiches, so telling him/her you're vegetarian is helpful. Otherwise you can say that you prefer sweet or salty or savory snacks if you have a preference. We've always found that the Butlers are very happy to bring whatever you like. If your daughter likes, for example, milk and cookies in the evenings, just say so, and they'll appear. Fruit will be replaced as you request it.

It's amazing what they remember, but they aren't perfect, so if something isn't right, say something so they have a chance to make you happier.

Have a wonderful trip, we be on the same cruise in September so your planning process is a great help to me!

It's 21 days out for our trip!

A quick update. I have written a short intro note to our butler, I can't remember who here at CC suggested it, but seemed like a good idea?

Here is it, what do you think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyvfy18r1q2vjih/Screenshot%202016-06-15%2008.52.44.png?dl=0

Oh, by the way...we got the unlimited internet package. My wife is going to have to check in with work a few times and I have a couple of assignments due that week that I can't do ahead of time. So, I will try to do some LIVE reporting while on board...if the wifi onboard cooperates. So, any questions anyone has let me know ahead of time...pictures of areas etc.

I think writing a note to the butler will be helpful (though I wouldn't suggest he's likely confused...it's his job after all and doubt it confuses him to meet new families since he does it each week).

I've found the wifi on board to be sufficient for checking emails and keeping in touch with family. If you plan to post on the boards, you can always write your posts off line and then copy and paste them once you're connected.

Have a great cruise!

I read your thread because the DH has changed his mind for our 2017 anniversary trip from Bermuda (he is going with DBIL to Bermuda this July) to the Barcelona cruise. Twist my arm. ;)

You may want to add any candy treats to your letter. We never use a letter and I just request during the embarkation meeting that the M&M's are stocked..LOL The DH and I are low maintenance so many times we had way too many treats to enjoy! We certainly loved it.:D

I am looking forward to reading about your cruise.