Which Show on Freedom of the Seas June 2016?

Hello all.

newbie here. We are going on our first cruise in June 2016 on Freedom doing Western caribbean - all the way from bonnie scotland.

I may have a few questions!!

How do I find out which shows are on?

We have my time dining - should we book before we leave or wait until we arrive?

Any hints and tips for first timers?

what excursions would you recommend? myself my hubby and our 12 year old son.

TIA

Cazzie

I'm sorry I don't have the answers for you, I am a newbie as well. But we travel on the Freedom on May 29th, with an eastern itinerary. Hopefully by bumping we will get some answers! :)

Freedom class ships are great! I've been on the Liberty. Your son and possibly even you and your hubby will love the flow rider. I know newer ships offer the ability to pre-book all shows, spa appointments, and specialty restaurants, but I'm not sure if that is currently offered on the Freedom. I recommend just perusing these boards for any topics that speak to you! I would say read up on what to pack because I've found that I can overpack on clothes I would normally wear running errands and going out, and I maybe under pack on excursion-appropriate clothing, particularly for active excursions. Also read your excursion tickets because I recently forgot a towel and change of clothes on a water excursion... Lol. There are lots of articles and probably threads on what to pack, particularly what to pack in your carry on versus regular luggage. Remember, cruise ships are not as strict as airlines concerning carry ons, so you can always shift stuff over to your carry on, like toiletries, before boarding. Also read the cruiselines rules on what you can and cannot bring on board. Good luck, and have a great time!

The shows are on the daily compass. No need to reserve. Don't miss the ice shows, I believe they are a couple different days. I always shoot for the first one, that way if I don't get in I have another shot.

The benefit of my time dining is so you can be flexible we never made reservations and never had a problem. We go to the shows every night so we time dinner so we make the early shows. The shows differ each night a couple comedians, production shows and love and marriage show, don't miss that one. The shows are timed for early and late seating diners so we ate close to those times. When we had a later port day we ate later.

As far as excursions, go to the ports of call boards for each stop and pick what sounds good to you. Everyone has different opinions.

I missed the parade on the Promenade and asked a couple people when it was and no one knew. I just recently read here that they had it on the first day, if you are interested definitely read the compass right away. The cabin steward puts the next day's compass in your room the the evening. The kids version is near guest services in racks along with the various language ones.

We always pack too many clothes.

Hello all.

newbie here. We are going on our first cruise in June 2016 on Freedom doing Western caribbean - all the way from bonnie scotland.

I may have a few questions!!

How do I find out which shows are on?

We have my time dining - should we book before we leave or wait until we arrive?

Any hints and tips for first timers?

what excursions would you recommend? myself my hubby and our 12 year old son.

TIA

Cazzie

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Cazzie!

I strongly recommend joining your Roll Call, where you can chat with others on your cruise.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261

To research your Ports of Call, go here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587