Genoa, Italy Hotel/Motel

mtl_cruiser

Grand Hotel Savoia is good but you'll have to pay for convenience and luxury.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Genoa. We originally booked a Family Room and were pleased to get a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Room. I am an IHG member but I hardly stay with them, so they won't be upgrading me because of any status as I am in their lowest rung. I remember the rate we got the room (through IHG website) was very competitive. I made a video of our experience.

[YOUTUBE]Kxjz-EtD66Y[/YOUTUBE]

The hotel is located on a quieter side of town, hence its price.

It is approx 15 minutes to walk to the cruise terminal. We dragged our luggage and walked.

[YOUTUBE]QYM1lHmhqS4[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We will be staying at the Grand Hotel Savioa on the 24th March based on the recommendation of this board and also Trip Advisor reviews. I will pop back here and give a quick review the day after if it helps you make a decision?

From my ipad

We are booked at the Novotel for our cruise next month. 94 Euro for the three of us for one night. Not the best but the restaurant is decent. I recommend taxiing to the port - about 5 minutes away.

You will pay top dollar for Grand Hotel Savoia and for the convenience.

For a mid range hotel without compromising on comfort, location, safety and convenience, I recommend the Best Western Porto Antico. Rooms are excellent with tea and coffee making facilities and breakfast is good. I am not sure who you are travelling with, but they have excellent family rooms - very spacious and spotless bathrooms!

It is close to the Palaces and the Aquarium, if you wish to do a little touristy stuff in the morning prior to embarkation

Hi. We'd appreciate input regarding good, medium priced hotels very near the cruise port that have parking at reasonable rates and will allow the car to be garaged for a 7 day cruise at a daily or weekly rate. I know MSC has an arrangement with a parking garage that provides valet service from the port to their garage and presumably return at cruise end. Their rate is 90 euros for 8 days. Just checking the best way to go re parking as we'll be driving to Genoa and want to spend the night prior to sailing there, close to where we'll embark the next day. Thank you.