Anthem 3 day. First impressions.

The grande has lobster EVERY night. The others do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I asked because another poster said they all had the same menu the first night.

That beer list at Michael's looks dangerous, especially with dogfish head 90 minute available. Thanks!

Agreed, and I just bought my drink package for 3/19.

Luckily I have some at home to practice!

Matt! I am sooo enjoying this review - and as someone previously shared - I had no desire to cruise Quantam level until I read your review!

PLEASE post a review of your 5/29 trip on the Allure!! I am sailing her June 19 - so your review will be the perfect thing to get me prepared for the Allure!!

Agreed, and I just bought my drink package for 3/19.

Luckily I have some at home to practice!

Nice, we board the 27th, I think that's the day you'd get back. Getting the drink package is my first order of business once we board. I would have pre-purchased but we have a chunk of OBC that'll help the cause.

Hi Matt! It was nice meeting you at the solarium right before sailaway. We walked over to the wing after but it looked too cramped there with barely any room left so went outside by the North Star. Turned out to be a great sunny day!

We had a wonderful time! From your review and pictures looks like you did as well. Anthem is absolutely a gorgeous ship! Wish I was there right now.

Roseann

Glad people enjoyed the travelogue/review.

FYI, the menus in the 4 main restaurants were switched to a sampler menu that was the same in all 4 restaurants each night. For some reason they do that on the shorter cruise, but I think most people would have preferred the regular rotating menus.

I will definitely do a posting while I am on Allure.

:)

First. Wow. This ship is incredible to look at. I think it's the prettiest ship I have ever been on.

Crew has been universally friendly and helpful.

Got to the port by 10am as I was worried about traffic with the bit of snow we had. Porter put on my RFID tag and into the terminal. Immediately was directed to one of the roving check in people. She was happy I already uploaded my picture. She swiped my passport, stamped my set sail paper and directed me to Suite security line. I was the only one in line. Past security are regular check in desks like you are used to. There was a table to buy drink packages. Because I have OBC I waited to buy here rather than before sailing. Price for Ultimate was $59/day plus 18%. No sales tax. They gave me a sticker to put on my card. Have a place to put it until you get your sea pass!

I was directed to sit. At 10:30 boarding began. Special assist and suites and pinnacles first. Then D+ and so on down to general boarding. I have a JS so I was in first group.

It all went smoothly.

Because the ship has been sitting here for 2 days our cabins were ready upon boarding. Got to my cabin, got my sea pass. And there was a complimentary wow band on the bed. Got settled in and off to explore.

Royal iq was not working correctly for me so I stopped at internet service desk. We got it reloaded and working. Internet for one device is $15/day. With my D+ discount it's free.

Because of the recent Noro they are squirting you with hand sanitizer every 30 feet or so. I don't mind.

One thing I don't love is that they are measuring pours at the bars. But since I have the package it's not like I won't enjoy myself.

Tip: I could not get a northstar reservation before boarding. Once iq was up I was able to book it through the app. The open slots were quickly gone though.

I tried lunch at Michaels pub. Tomato herb soup and polenta fries. Yum.

Capt Claus is onboard. Just announced that he will keep us safe as we navigate to avoid the storm out to our south and east (we are headed to Canada). I have no doubt.

Off to sail away.

Matt

The Tomato herb soup was my favorite also. Yummy..

Also we had the crew washing walls and rally constantly from recent Noro virus from previous cruise

Hi Matt

You took great pictures. Love them..

Your pictures definitely better than mine

It was great meeting you

Thanks for everything

Maybe we shall see each soon on another cruise

take care

Lidia:)