ATTN Recent Golden from NYC cruisers

mbw1024

We went there around 11:00 am and sat in the chairs in the back row. They already had filled the front rows.Around 11:20 they started calling people in. We then waited another 10 minutes or so to get to our row and go through the line for the x-ray machine. Once past the x-ray we breezed through the actual check-in and were on board in 5 minutes. We went and ate lunch around 11:45 which surprised me since I did not expect them to have it available until after 1pm. Luggage did not arrive until around 4pm so unpacking was not an option.

Vicki

The cruise line says that checkin starts at 1pm and on the pre-crusie docs they recommend arriving at the pier after 2pm to avoid the rush. This is for the Golden NE/Canada out of NYC of course. We'd love to get on as soon as possible, I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't misunderstanding that folks have gotten on the ship much earlier than 1pm.

This was for Golden, NE/Canada. Boarding almost always starts earlier than advertised, to stop everyone from showing up at the same time. At least in NYC and FLL I can say we've always gotten on before the scheduled time.

Archived