Recommedations needed for Cannes

azcrdfn

I would love to hear recommendations of places not to miss in the Cannes area. We are arriving on Vision on Sunday, May 1st so we know many places may not be open, but I have no concept of what to do. There are so many options to see Nice, Monaco, Monte Carlo, Cannes etc.... my head is spinning.

I would like to go to some outdoor markets, do some shopping and see the sights but we don't have to go into anything. The film festival is the following week so we would like to just go over to that and see if there is anything going on.

If you want French markets, go to Nice by train. In Nice, the Cours Saleya Flower Market ( and food market) are open on Sunday. The shops in old town will probably be open...it's very much tourist oriented.

Thank you for the suggestion sounds perfect. After the train do we take a taxi to the location or is it walkable.

Thank you for the suggestion sounds perfect. After the train do we take a taxi to the location or is it walkable.

Walkable if you really like to walk. But, for a cruise stop I would take the tram or the taxi to save time. I haven't been to Nice since the tram started, so perhaps Marazul will see this and help you in that direction. From the north end of old town it isn't that far....but to Cours Saleya it would burn some time.

The bus in both cities is more central and cheaper...but it's the slow boat to China getting from Cannes to Nice. Bus works well to Antibes. I love Antibes. That might also be a consideration, if you want to equalize the time spent in Cannes. It has a small food market most days until noon, along with a flea market that goes later.

Walkable if you really like to walk. But, for a cruise stop I would take the tram or the taxi to save time. I haven't been to Nice since the tram started, so perhaps Marazul will see this and help you in that direction. From the north end of old town it isn't that far....but to Cours Saleya it would burn some time.

The bus in both cities is more central and cheaper...but it's the slow boat to China getting from Cannes to Nice. Bus works well to Antibes. I love Antibes. That might also be a consideration, if you want to equalize the time spent in Cannes. It has a small food market most days until noon, along with a flea market that goes later.

Thank you, very helpful!

On Sundays we agree that the Nice Flower Market is a good option (best to get there in the morning). St Paul de Vence and Eze Village are two other good options for Sundays.

Hank