Would like Oriana?

CRUISIN LINDA

We had a LB cabin - great location! We were on E deck and I see they are on F deck too so I can't speak for them. The E deck cabin was great - close to MDR and the Atrium and also very close when you got back from Port. Not much footfall outside either, very pleased with it :)

Thanks Sue, still trying to decide between this plus a separate week in Majorca and a cruise and stay with a week on the "new" Thomson Discovery (uncharted territory :eek:) and a week's stay in Majorca :rolleyes:

I think that perhaps overall Oriana is a classier ship,the ceiling in Tiffany's at the top of the atrium is beautiful......but the atrium on Oceana is bigger, allowing ballroom dancing on the bottom deck, for Captains gala night he is able to give his speech from one of the landings between the glass lifts, with the passengers spread over two decks and staircases, and you can stand at the top and look straight down where on Oriana you can't!!:)

I think the fact that the captain has to speak from a landing between the lifts in the atrium on Oceana says more about the lack of a suitable room on Oceana. The crows nest on Oriana makes a much nicer setting.

Edited by AchileLauro

Thanks for all the advice. As you can see we have plumped for Thomson this time as a cruise and stay is more convenient, but will definitely be looking at Oriana in future.

Does anyone know when Oriana is going in for a refurb? Nothing for her in my brochure after December this year, but the new brochure is not out yet is it?

How long does a refurb take?

It's not long, a week or so. I'm trying to remember how long Azura's was last year but I can't remember! Might be 2 weeks if there's a lot of changes.

The P&O website says December for the re-fit.

I am onboard Oriana as i write this. IMHO the ship itself is fine, she can certainly plough through choppy waters no problem. The major issue isnt the vessel itself, the major problem here is that its like being on a floating care home. 90% of the passengers are 70+ and everything is planned around them. There is nothing for younger cruisers to do which makes sea days very very dull. When P & O say its for adults only they fail to tell you that its only for adults who are into knitting or who fall asleep the moment they sit down! Too boring on here for me im afraid. P and O, more like OAP!

The major issue isnt the vessel itself, the major problem here is that its like being on a floating care home. 90% of the passengers are 70+ and everything is planned around them. There is nothing for younger cruisers to do which makes sea days very very dull.

Absolutely true.

On my cruise on her last year, one of the theatre shows was based on songs from the second world war, and another was a 'comedian' who had fallen through a time warp from 1972.

Thanks for all the advice. As you can see we have plumped for Thomson this time as a cruise and stay is more convenient, but will definitely be looking at Oriana in future.

Does anyone know when Oriana is going in for a refurb? Nothing for her in my brochure after December this year, but the new brochure is not out yet is it?

We are sailing on the Oriana next March to Norway for the Northern Lights cruise. I heard she was going to be refurbished end of this year.

There is one earlier cruise in February the same as our cruise.