How is the first day of staggered check in going at POM?

FlaMommy75

Hello!

I have been anxiously stalking the boards this morning in hopes that someone boarding the Breeze this morning can update us on how it is going since today is the first day. Any updates?

We leave on the Breeze this Saturday so I am hoping the new staggered check in goes smoothly.

Thanks!:)

Hello!

I have been anxiously stalking the boards this morning in hopes that someone boarding the Breeze this morning can update us on how it is going since today is the first day. Any updates?

We leave on the Breeze this Saturday so I am hoping the new staggered check in goes smoothly.

Thanks!:)

Whats a POM?

While staggerd checkin work well on most ships at POM, the Breeze did present some challenges.

Due to a long debarkcation the terminal was at near capacity causing the terminal to shut down for about an hour. Only one checkin time slot was delayed as the new entry system enabled them to catch up very quickly.

A lot of people also showed up early and saw a line and just got on it assuming that was what they were so pose to do. There was lots of Carnival personnel checkin the line to help weed out people who should not be on line.

I am sure things are still being look at as the Breeze with it's size causes different changes from most of the fleet.

Stay tuned let's see what next Saturday holds.

If you are FTTF you will enter the terminal through the priority line which is marked in the front of terminal.

There will be carnival personnel outside the terminal to direct you. All you have to do is have your boarding pass out and you will be fine.

Reminder that boarding will not begin until after debark has ended and general clearance is given. As always the order for boarding is Special functions, Diamond, Platinum, Milestone and Suits (Priority), FTTF, Special Assistance, zone1/airport checkin.

Hope this helps

If you are FTTF you will enter the terminal through the priority line which is marked in the front of terminal.

There will be carnival personnel outside the terminal to direct you. All you have to do is have your boarding pass out and you will be fine.

Reminder that boarding will not begin until after debark has ended and general clearance is given. As always the order for boarding is Special functions, Diamond, Platinum, Milestone and Suits (Priority), FTTF, Special Assistance, zone1/airport checkin.

Hope this helps

Thanks! This is my first time sailing out of Miami.

Sue

While staggerd checkin work well on most ships at POM, the Breeze did present some challenges.

Due to a long debarkcation the terminal was at near capacity causing the terminal to shut down for about an hour. Only one checkin time slot was delayed as the new entry system enabled them to catch up very quickly.

A lot of people also showed up early and saw a line and just got on it assuming that was what they were so pose to do. There was lots of Carnival personnel checkin the line to help weed out people who should not be on line.

I am sure things are still being look at as the Breeze with it's size causes different changes from most of the fleet.

Stay tuned let's see what next Saturday holds.

If someone was in line ahead of their assigned time, how did they handle it? Did they make them get out of line and to the back end of their assigned time line? I would imagine there would be some disgrundled people.

Left on the Glory, March 5.

I'm platinum, so boarding was fairly quick, as I had chosen the 10:00 - 10:30 slot.

Only thing that I did not like is the taxi drop-off zone is nowhere near the luggage porters, so we had to drag the train of luggage the length of the terminal and across the street. Ugh.

I'm platinum, so boarding was fairly quick, as I had chosen the 10:00 - 10:30 slot.

Only thing that I did not like is the taxi drop-off zone is nowhere near the luggage porters, so we had to drag the train of luggage the length of the terminal and across the street. Ugh.

Is this the way it has always been in Miami? I won't be happy about this either.

Sue

We have always had cab drivers that takes us around the corner by the entrance and drop us off about 10 steps from where the porters are for the Breeze. The same holds true for every time we have gone on the Glory.

You need to steer the drivers where you want to go. Otherwise they will let you off to suit their need to get to the taxi return line.

With the early time slot, what time did you actually get on the ship?

To answer my own question in case anyone interested...

I had a 10am check in and

Arrived 10:27am and walked right in. Everything went super fast- sitting now at 11:07 and they just called diamond, suites, FTTF, etc.

we are zone 4 and should be boarding shortly. It was so smooth! [emoji4]

To answer my own question in case anyone interested...

I had a 10am check in and

Arrived 10:27am and walked right in. Everything went super fast- sitting now at 11:07 and they just called diamond, suites, FTTF, etc.

we are zone 4 and should be boarding shortly. It was so smooth! [emoji4]

Thanks for the update! Sounds like it is working well.

To further clarify...

We were using a shuttle van towing a trailer, so driving around the corner was not an option.

All things considered, it went pretty darn good.

Thanks OP for sharing!

I'd also be interested in a staggered check-in report from someone not as lucky to get the earliest slots, for instance someone with a noon or later check-in slot. I'm aware that check-in is different than boarding, but curious as to whether staggered check-in creates a smoother boarding flow as well.