Is Paradise Beach close to Mr. Sanchos?

MaiseyM

We are going to Cozumel during spring break from our cruise. I would like to do Paradise Beach but I'm concerned that they will be full by the time we get there. If we try that first and they are full, can we take a cab to Mr. Sanchos? Are they anywhere near a child or that it would not be crazy to try the first place and then the second place? I'm worried Paradise Beach will be all full since it's spring break.

PB is huge and there is always room. The AI places are smaller and will fill up first.

All of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island - you could cab to another if you find your first stop to be too crowded, but I would not worry too much about PB.

Don't worry about spring break - worry about how many ships are in port; 3-5 is normal, 6-7 is not unheard of.

Thank you. I think I was confusing it with Nachi (sp?) beach. Good to we'll give this one a try first and then head down to Sanchos if Paradise is full. I have no idea how many cruise ships are coming in, but I'm ready for it to be pretty darn busy. Thanks.

Thank you. I think I was confusing it with Nachi (sp?) beach. Good to we'll give this one a try first and then head down to Sanchos if Paradise is full. I have no idea how many cruise ships are coming in, but I'm ready for it to be pretty darn busy. Thanks.

If this is for your Oasis cruise, then there are 5 ships in port and about 15,000 passengers. I would be happy with that. We will be there on March 22 and will have about 19,000 passengers from 7 ships. There are some days in March with over 20,000 passengers. On March 25 there will be over 23,000 passengers. Of course I have also been to Cozumel when we were the only ship, which was wonderful.

... we'll give this one a try first and then head down to Sanchos if Paradise is full.

If PB is full (doubtful) then Sanchos will be overloaded.

Another option often suggested on this board that is not as popular (because there is no beach) is The Money Bar - great snorkeling from the shore (you enter the water via steps). Good facilities, food, drinks, service. Rental gear and guides if needed. Only a $10 cab ride from the piers and no admission fee - check out their web site and trip advisor reviews.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Thank you for the projection on the number of people. I think we are there March 31. It's good to know that it isn't at the most crowded level possible.

Also, thank you for the tip on other things to do while we are there. If they are all crowded, snorkeling sounds like a pretty good option. I was trying to avoid Mr. Sanchos. Since we have teenagers with us, I was hoping to not be in an area where all of your drinks are included on the beach. People will be having a Ton of fun with that and I would prefer to not have my tweens and teenagers there for that.

Mr. Sanchos has an all inclusive and an al a carte side. They are next to each other but are separate. There will probably be less drinking on the al a carte section.

FYI, Paradise Beach does have a bar, I don't think you are really going to be able to get away from drinking in Cozumel. Paying by the drink may slow them down at best.

Yes. Not trying to avoid drinkers by any means. It sounded like Mr. Sanchos has more of a party scene than others. Not a bad thing, but not the right setting for my kids, if I'm understanding it right. I have no problems with cocktails in the vicinity.