Which nights are formal nights on 7-night Fjords cruises?

tom_uk

Usually the formal nights on cruises are on sea-days. On a 7-night Fjords cruise there are two sea days - the first and last full days. I expect that the first formal night is on the first sea day (which will be the 2nd night on board) but what about the second formal night? That is the last full day, and would be the 7th night of the cruise. I've never known a formal on the last night of a cruise. Is it likely to be the day before, i.e. the 6th night? Or do they move it earlier in the week?

Thanks for the replies above.

Here's an interesting point: on N615, the port of call on the 6th day is Bergen, and at the moment the itinerary suggests that the port times are "arrive morning, depart early evening". Is it likely that they'll still have the second formal on the 6th evening? Or to put the question in a different way, has anyone done a 7-night fjords cruise when the second formal night wasn't on the 6th evening?

Thanks for the replies above.

Here's an interesting point: on N615, the port of call on the 6th day is Bergen, and at the moment the itinerary suggests that the port times are "arrive morning, depart early evening". Is it likely that they'll still have the second formal on the 6th evening? Or to put the question in a different way, has anyone done a 7-night fjords cruise when the second formal night wasn't on the 6th evening?

Tom, I have done 3 of these ad the second formal is always the evening of the last port. Bergen or Stavanger. They can't do it the last night as people have already put their cases out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tom, I have done 3 of these ad the second formal is always the evening of the last port. Bergen or Stavanger. They can't do it the last night as people have already put their cases out.

Thanks, daiB, and everyone else.

Reason for asking? - we want to book a meal in Sindhi and prefer to not go on a formal night.

Thanks, daiB, and everyone else.

Reason for asking? - we want to book a meal in Sindhi and prefer to not go on a formal night.

Snap. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app