Camp Ocean Dream Questions

MexicanMama

Unfortunately it looks like there are some bad reviews for Camp Carnival on the Dream. Has anything improved since Carnival has rolled out Camp Ocean?

If your your children have sailed with Camp Ocean what would you say are the main differences in the previous camp?

Does camp still not start until 10pm on the first night? Has the drop off/pick up system been changed/upgraded at all? Does anyone have a schedule (6-8 years)?

Thanks for your help!

I am not familiar with the old camp as this was the first time my son was old enough to attend.

He had a great time and asked to go back each day. No camp the first day but there was a 'get together' at about 8pm in the nightclub and then they offered the Night Owls at 10pm for a fee.

Pickup and dropoff we just showed our sign and sail card.

Sorry I don't have any specifics for the 6-8 group but the ladies taking care of my son were great and he loved going.

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately it looks like there are some bad reviews for Camp Carnival on the Dream. Has anything improved since Carnival has rolled out Camp Ocean?

If your your children have sailed with Camp Ocean what would you say are the main differences in the previous camp?

Does camp still not start until 10pm on the first night? Has the drop off/pick up system been changed/upgraded at all? Does anyone have a schedule (6-8 years)?

Thanks for your help!

I'm curious about this as well. Have been a bit concerned after reading all of the bad reviews about Camp Carnival on the Dream.

We were just on the Dream on the May 15th sailing. My daughter is 7 and loved it. It was her first time cruising, so I can't comment as to how it compares to the old camp. For 6-8 year olds, they could not sign themselves out. Most days except the first day had regular ties listed between 10am to 10pm with pickups for lunch and dinner or special activities like the Build A Bear events.

We would generally read the activities out to my daughter and let her decide what she wanted to do, but we never left her longer than 4 hrs at a time.

My kids liked it as well during Easter week. We had them go for a few hours each sea day. They most enjoyed the crafts, including the t-shirt decorating on the last sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your help!

Where are you reading the reviews for the Camp specifically? I'm just curious as I'm really hoping our 3.5 year olds enjoy it enough to want to go when we cruise in September!

• 2 months later...
Where are you reading the reviews for the Camp specifically? I'm just curious as I'm really hoping our 3.5 year olds enjoy it enough to want to go when we cruise in September!

I searched for Camp Carnival on this board and found some thread about it where there were a few that had very bad things to say about it then there were a few that very good things to say about it. I'm going in a few days and will have my 7 year old daughter so she was looking forward to it and meeting new kids. She's super friendly and makes friends everywhere she goes so I'm really hoping for the best with this Camp Carnival. A lot of things I read was that the kids just watched movies most of the time which caused them to be bored with the camp. I will try to find the thread that I saw all this on. Some of the complaints sounded like naggy/you-know-what types of people complaining so who knows. :confused:

Here's the thread I was talking about. I forgot to mention that this is from 2012 so hopefully things are different.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581688

• 1 month later...

Last we sailed in 2014 on the Dream, my kids did not like the camps. They were 9 and 12. They found them boring. Perhaps things have changed or they're better for the younger ages.

We sail on the Dream again in 3 weeks and both have said they don't want to go to the camps. I'm ok with that.

We were on the August 7th sailing and my son (8) had a great time. He went a lot during the day and every night except 1. Every time I picked him up during the day they were doing an activity or sometimes playing video games. Usually when I picked him up, he wanted to stay. Especially at night. Even when I picked him up after 10pm he still wanted to stay.