Andy Stuart was on board my cruise

funat55

A 7 day cruise sure goes by fast. After months and months of saving, dreaming and planning my week on the Escape is over. Our cruise began on February 27th and ended on March 5th. There was myself, and two sisters. We are older gals (but not too old) but young at heart and love traveling together.

We stayed in South Beach and had a blast. We flew in on Friday and checked into our hotel and then ventured out. We ended up on Espanola Way and found the most fabulous Italian restaurant the “Hosteria Romana”. We went there just for an appetizer (bruchetta) and a drink and ended up going back two hours later for dinner, it was so good.

On Saturday we got to the port around 12:30 and that is the latest I have ever shown up. It was very busy but they kept the line moving. The nice part was that once we were checked in we got to get right on board. We dropped off our carry on’s and met our room Steward Rosario Ribero. We became close friends and visited with him often. He brought us pictures of his kids back in India and chatted about ship life and his family.

There have been some amazing reviews already, (how can you top Doug). But I will share some of the highlights of our cruise. I told my sister that I had heard about a great bartender in the Sugarcane Mojito bar named Bong and that we should go there. Bong did not disappoint and lived up to his reputation. The raspberry mojito’s were our favorites.

We saw three shows: On the Record (Brat Pack) Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight. I don’t know where they find such talent but the shows were worth every penny we paid for the cruise plus the extra. I can’t for the life of me understand why they are moving Million Dollar Quartet to the Getaway but lucky for us we got to see their final performance on the Escape.

We also went to karaoke, Howl at the Moon, the comedy club and some of the dance classes in the atrium. We had dinner at Cagneys, Moderno and Teppanyaki and also the free dining rooms. Oh and I can’t forget the spa. We were in a balcony spa room, room 15142. Bed was next to the closet and sofa was by the balcony. The best part of the cruise was relaxing in the thermal suite every day. Those heated stone loungers are heaven. The snow room was a novelty. After heating up in the sauna, it was a great place to cool down.

The highlight of my cruise was meeting Andy Stuart. I recognized him immediately. He asked us about our experience and what got us started cruising with NCL. He was very friendly and seemed flattered that we knew who he was.

Over all it was a great week and I am sorry it is over. The only thing to cure that is to start planning the next cruise. In closing I will address the issue of the ships movement. We did notice it more on the Escape then on the Epic or Getaway but it was never too much to deal with, just more noticeable.

Edited by funat55
typo

Andy is president of NCL!

I had to read a bit to figure out which ship you were on. LOL! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are welcome. And by the way, I like your Avatar.