Nassau! Things to do

The bells

Hey all so my gf and I made plans to just go walk to the beach for a few hours get lunch and walk down bay st but I started reading up on it as it is getting closer to r departure date and I saw that it is unsafe and I saw people suggesting to book a day pass at a resort. What is everyone's thoughts on Nassau is going on your own unsafe or r people very nagging and in ur face ?? We wanted to go check out the straw market but don't want to be harassed and feel uncomfortable! What else do you guys suggest doing ?!

Thank you for responses !! Happy cruising!!

Edited by The bells

There are lots of vendors between the pier and the straw market.

To avoid that- we take a van taxi to Cable Beach or another excursion.

We usually shop at Festival Place, right near the pier, on our way back to the ship.

I always walk to Junkanoo Beach for a beer and then to the fish fry for lunch and enjoy the walk along the waterfront back to the ship. Never had a problem with vendors after I left the immediate dock area.

Just off the Breakaway... We got off the ship in Nassau and were harassed from the time we got off the ship until the time we arrived at the straw market and then it started all over again at the straw market. We were only off the ship for 1 hour.

Do yourself a favor, book a resort for the day [emoji4]

Thank you all for the responses! i think we are going to book the british colonial and get lunch there then on the walk back go check out the festival place and maybe bay st depending on how it is with the people there!

Thank you and happy Cruising