Spanish Beaches

In La Coruña it's just on the other side of the peninsula. About 200 m behind the port. It's ok. It's a nice urban beach. Problem is that the weather may be not be suitable to enjoy it. The northwest is not that hot. End of may could be fine but expect a bit of south of England weather.

Anyway. Here you are. The water is quite cold

31b96f9910a6ed7dd6e626f20985b0eb.jpg

Morning Guys,

we're on an Iberian cruise at the end of May, hoping its going to be nice weather. Could anyone tell me if there are beaches near any of the below ports that are easy/cheap/quick to get to? Thanks

Gijon

Vigo

La Coruna

I hope you like cold water...

I hope you like cold water...

Does that stop people in South Africa? Vigo has a good one in Playa Samil. It's a cab ride though. Gijón's town beach is great. The water temperature is a little higher in the Cantabrian Sea (Bay of Biscay) than on the Atlantic Ocean (Coruña & Vigo). By the end of May they could be around 18C but that often depends on currents, wind direction etc.

North Spain has some of the loveliest beaches in the country. FACT.

Wow...that pictures amazing! thanks

I very much doubt we'll be going in the water, the person we're taking doesn't get away much so we just wanted it to be a bit 'Beachy' more worried about the weather temperature wise, I wouldn't normally do Europe that time of year but it was the only time we could do so fingers crossed. :)

Dean

Don't think you'll have to worry about cold weather at the end of May. Low 70s in all likelihood, though you might get rain. No big big deal there of you pack small umbrellas. I've seen 24 mid-summers here in Galicia, so speak from experience. Picture is of the Playa de Samil in Vigo. Cloudy day though!

image.jpg.df0d612f17137754315130079e74da3f.jpg

The beaches in Galicia are SO cold ALL the year! Playa de Las Lapas is a good option in Coruña with all services. Samil in Vigo is the most popular beach.

Galicia's beaches are the cleanest in the world!:cool:

No that freezing. But for us they are cold. Someone coming from UK or Ireland may find them lovely. Warmer than Portsmouth for instance. Galicia is so interesting and surprising that it's never to regret. If the weather is not good coming to Santiago is a nice alternative

So cold?? Starting to regret this cruise :/

They would be clean, I'm guessing no one goes on them if it's freezing!

that depends on where you are! if you are from Northern Europe you'll be fine!

sorry if my english is bad :o

And Estrella Galicia. Local beer brand. As far as water temperature is concerned expect a temperature from 16 to 20 degrees. It's what I have found on a local website.

Edited by keltic

• 2 weeks later...
Look at the pictures. Not a soul in the water! For liquids in Galicia, stick to the wine and cider.

Cider is more Asturias actually. You'll be surprisd to find out that millions of people bathe here in the summer months, mainly because the beaches are some of the best in the world (La Lanzada, Carnota, Rostro, Nemiña, Valdoviño, Barra, Melide, Rodas etc, etc). And you can add albariño based GIN (Nordés with bay leaf) and Orujo (blanco, tostado, de herbas, crema de orujo and licor café) to the list of liquids.

And Estrella Galicia. Local beer brand. As far as water temperature is concerned expect a temperature from 16 to 20 degrees. It's what I have found on a local website.

Indeed, we shouldn't forget Estrella de Galicia from Hijos de Rivera in my adopted hometown La Coruña. The best beer in Spain by FAR.