Tampa Hotels

We will be in Tampa for our cruise to the Western Caribbean and are looking for information on a nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel. Any suggestions?

Any comments about the Hyatt Regency Tampa (near the airport and port) or the Quorum Tampa Westshore?

Thanks.

For a precruise, I opted to stay by the airport as it was cheaper than downtown. I was able to get a Doubletree by the airport for $68 and that includes a complimentary shuttle from the airport and complimentary "local" transportation. We'll us it to hit the local mall about a mile from the hotel, and then head to the cruise port the next day by cab.

While this worked for us, consider what you want to do while pre/post-cruising. We're only coming in the night before to avoid the red-eye and to have extra time in case of travel delays. If you're planning to visit many places, that may determine the best place to stay.

In general, I found the airport hotels/motels to be cheaper.

We are traveling in January and scheduled a room at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown. It's 1 mile from the pier and they offer free shuttle service. I believe the regular rate for the night was about $130, but can't remember for sure. We are a military family and we are using that rate.

Like jkrislc said, depending on how long your staying and where you want to go will help determine what's better.

We are traveling down on a Thursday and are going to Busch Gardens on Friday, but still decided to stay closer to the pier as we are meeting 2 of our party on Friday evening.

Whatever you decide...enjoy your cruise:)

Archived