Spirit - Gty or Cabin Selection

Travelingsisters

I just booked a BE cabin directly with NCL and selected a cabin. Should I have booked this as a guarantee:confused: I asked them to note that I am interested in an upgrade or upsell? Since I booked a selected cabin will they consider me for an upgrade? or if I book as a gurantee will I be able to purchase an upgrade? Very confused, any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks,

You booked the cabin you wanted. NCL's upgrade policy is a mystery to us all. It seems first time cruisers get upgrades while those who have cruised with NCL before don't get upgrades some days and on other days its the complete opposite. However, I am sure you can cancel and rebook another cabin if you wish. You'll love your cruise.....anyway.....

I booked 2 BE guarantees for December on the Spirit. One of them got upgraded to a BD (right below the disco and arcade and above the showroom) and the other to BC. I paid to upgrade the BD to a BC since I didnt want to take any chances on the noise. If its not before the final payment, you'll have no problems changing the room.

I am booked on the Spirit, April 16. I booked cabin 9688. Since that week is Easter week and the schools are closed, I expect the ship to be full. So, I think I'll keep my cabin and call NCL before final payment which is the end of January to see what is available. I want to thank you both for your responses, these boards have given me enough confidence to really shop around and try to get the best deal for what I want. Thanks again.

Archived